Racers Robbed In Atlanta! (1 Viewer)

shane

Nitro Member
Just saw this over at the Classic Funny Car Board and wanted to pass it along here, from Berserko Bob:

"I want to put the word out about what happened last weekend in Atlanta at the NHRA National event.

Turns out that quite a few Pro Stock trailers were robbed during qualifying Saturday. Items taken included cash, laptops, credit cards, wallets and other non-replaceable items. Seems it happened while all the cars were in the lanes for qualifying.

We've been leaving our trailer open for years while we're out there running but no more. As a team we discussed this yesterday and have made the decision to lock up our stuff every time we go to the lanes and I suggest that all of you racers do the same if you can't leave anyone behind to guard your stuff back at your pit.

Please pass this info around and feel free to post it everywhere."

BB

No matter where we are....we always shut our trailer up....and lock it when we go anywhere....up to run or just out and about. It's just not worth what may or may not happen while we're gone.

That is just terrible what happened. It just never ceases to amaze me how people thinks it's OK...to take what it not their's to take!:eek::mad:

..... God that really sucks! But yeah, don't worry... Compton & Light have armed guards there protecting the nitro stock! :mad::mad::mad:

Kat,

it's that .01% that will ruin it for everyone. At Richmond 06 some low life took two built up clutch packs from Clay's pits, I believe it was. What the heck we're they thinking? What the heck did they expect to do with them?

Maybe we were raised different, I generally trust people until they show me they can't be trusted.

d'kid

I've heard of this thing happening at a few races! I remember at Pomona a few years back a bunch of trailers were gone through, I guess it's pretty easy to get careless when your at the track.

BOY, COMPETITIVE AS PRO STOCK IS YOU WOULD THINK THE TEAMS WOULD HAVE THE SECRET SERVICE PROTECTING THERE TRAILERS.:rolleyes:

I WONDER IF THEY FOUND WHAT GREG AND JASON ARE HIDING BEHIND THE CURTAINS.:eek:

There are certain pleasures in life you treasure and catching a thief red handed would have to rank right up there with the best!

That's a shame. Hopefully it wasn't racers, that would shatter my ideal that racers don't steal from other racers.

Nothing new at Atlanta. Two years ago they stole our golf cart from our pit while we were in the trailer. An alert Donnie and Hollie from Oakley saw them going by the Oakley trailer, they got security involved and had them arrested. Donnie returned the cart before we realized it was gone.
Made us wake up real fast and now everything is put away and locked up. Truly a hassle but certainly better than losing your parts, tools, equipment or personal belongings. Certainly doesn't stop anyone from breaking into the trailer. We all need to look out for one another.
Bob

If my memory serves me correct at Houston 07 someone stole a golf cart from one of the teams, I cant remember but I think it was a pro stock team also then. They caught them trying to load it up over in the sportsman pits. Not racers though, just some guys that had gotten a truck in somehow.

last year at Epping, during the IHRA Nationals, a couple of idiots were seen running out of a sportsman trailer with some 'stuff', by Brian Gahms PS crew. The guys stopped the rig and "detained" said individuals until the proper authorities came around.

The authorities asked what happened to the guys faces, they even said "we fell":p

I was told by a Sportsman racer that several thousands of $$$$$$ and other stuff was stolen from the Sportsman pits @ Atlanta. I guess he knew what he was talking about. I was down there a lot and didn't see any security either but that doesn't mean Barney Fife wasn't somewhere. Oh,I forgot,there was a Dunkin Donut trailer selling donuts,that's where the security was.:D

Nothing new at Atlanta. Two years ago they stole our golf cart from our pit while we were in the trailer. An alert Donnie and Hollie from Oakley saw them going by the Oakley trailer, they got security involved and had them arrested. Donnie returned the cart before we realized it was gone.
Made us wake up real fast and now everything is put away and locked up. Truly a hassle but certainly better than losing your parts, tools, equipment or personal belongings. Certainly doesn't stop anyone from breaking into the trailer. We all need to look out for one another.
Bob

If they would have hurt someone with your golf cart, then you would be held responsible for that, criminals have more rights than law abiding citizens do.

It's a damn shame that this thief got away, I would have loved to have seen what the racers would have done to him.

Thieving at the races has been going on for a long time, one of my first grunt jobs as a young lad in the early 60's was keeping an eye on the trailer when the car made runs. Thieving is not new, just surprised not much has been done in all these years.

Bob

Donnie and Hollie are the best.

If they would have hurt someone with your golf cart, then you would be held responsible for that,

No, no you wouldn't. If you loaned it or gave permission for someone to use it, then yes you would be held at least particially responsible. But not if it's stolen from you.

No, no you wouldn't. If you loaned it or gave permission for someone to use it, then yes you would be held at least particially responsible. But not if it's stolen from you.

Unless of course you were chasing them - then it would be your fault for chasing them and making them hit someone...

PS - I bet you could find an attorney that would sue you for leaving your cart so easily stolen...

last year at Epping, during the IHRA Nationals, a couple of idiots were seen running out of a sportsman trailer with some 'stuff', by Brian Gahms PS crew. The guys stopped the rig and "detained" said individuals until the proper authorities came around.

The authorities asked what happened to the guys faces, they even said "we fell":p

Thieves do resist when captured. And the property owners have the right to protect themselves using the minimal force needed ;). I have no mercy for a thief. And I don't honor the, "I give up" phrase. But that's just me.

But it is a fact that criminals often do lose their balance when captured ;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back