Racers Robbed In Atlanta! (1 Viewer)

karl im going to ignore your post as its pissing me off , we'll leave it at that
chill.jpg

chill_pills.jpg

karl im going to ignore your post as its pissing me off , we'll leave it at that
Steve, I've read enough of Karl's stuff to know he's just having fun with you not trying to rub you wrong. You're too valuable to us to have you offended. Hang in there, eventually a real hemorrhoid will come along trying to drive you crazy and you can deal with him appropriately but Karl isn't your problem.

For the record I understood your post first time despite the wording and I agree that finding someone in my trailer with their arms full of my valuables would end badly for someone. This is why we have video surveillance on our shops. I don't want the police to take some stupid report-I want a visual on the culprits so we can go get all our stuff back with some interest.

Re: Racers Robbed In Atlanta!,

back by us means team i was with was close to where it happened , we were pitted where i could see state patrol back at the guys trucks getting info etc etc . when we found out what had happened we all went on neighborhood watch .

Look! There was yet another possible answer that we couldn't think of! Yeah, we're brilliant thinkers, alright. :D

Dittos what others said. I can about 99.99999% guarantee you that Karl just forgot to put a smiley with it. Probably thought the humor would be obvious enough.

its cool karl i took one of the chill pills that was offered to me , guess i need to word things lil more careful, .i was surprised anyone even took it that way . i take theft from racers ( or anyone very serious ) sorry for snapping back at u. did u go out to d1 race and see my boy jimmy shoe win another one , bertozzi and barone will get job done soon to , boom boom, is well words cant describe him lol. as im sure professor dave will attest to. on that note , dave tell lee great job last week in hotlanta

I know Steve wouldn't even take someone's last beer..............

RIGHT STEVE!?!?! You wouldn't do that would you!!??

:p :eek: :p

AH ha ha ha....lol

Just kidding.............

Re: Racers Robbed In Atlanta!,

i dont know kathy havent tried the pumpkin stuff you always rave about lol, im might drink your last bottle of jack daniels though ,might have to swing by and give that pumpkin stuff a try at milan , and i'll have some of that special tenn clear when i come back from bristol. i prefer the unflavored jars

Not to hijack the thread.....but....sorry Steve....no pumpkin 'til fall.....:(

OH and PS...........you think we lock up the trailer and cars.....you should see how I protect the beverages.....esp....the pumpkin! LOL

Last edited:
I guess I can see how Steve gets all fired up. Being ripped off a couple a times myself, I hate thieves with a passion myself. I suggest that no get their mitts on his bottle of Jack also... :D

Raced Englishtown for many years. Had a trunk lock working so I could put my helmet, jacket and air tank inside. Always locked the trailer and truck. Had stuff stolen in the lanes one night. Always locked my stuff up. One minute of hassle was better than having to replace it.

At Vegas a few years ago a team dropped of their trailer and went to the motel. They came back to qualify the next day and the rig was gone.

At Las Vegas in 2000 we went up to make a qualifying run, came back and an hour later some of our the guys noticed their wallets, cell phones, etc. were gone from inside the toterhome. Bret called his wife from my cell phone to tell her to contact the credit card companies. When she called they were already max'd out.

That same weekend, John Weaver's group lost a bunch of cash as did Joe Amato's group from what we heard.

Last year at the Fontana divisional race a supercomp trailer was unhooked from the truck of a participant, drug away from the Suburban, hooked up to another vehicle and towed out of the pits during the event. You could see the drag marks the tongue jack made on the asphalt.

A pro stock racers golf cart was offered for sale to another racer for an unbelievable price at a hotel near Pomona by some schmucks. The cops took good care of them.

I never leave my rig or stuff unlocked anymore. Never never.

RG

You know in the old days it wasnt necessary to steal from one another if you needed some all you had to do was ask and they would give you what you needed. I have been in the pits many a time when a fellow racer needed a part and when asked how much the answer would be catch you next time. Dale Creasy senior comes to mind first.

You know in the old days it wasnt necessary to steal from one another if you needed some all you had to do was ask and they would give you what you needed. I have been in the pits many a time when a fellow racer needed a part and when asked how much the answer would be catch you next time. Dale Creasy senior comes to mind first.

Yeah, that was the good old days, for sure. I could be wrong, but I doubt it is racers stealing from other racers though. Darned shame, regardless of who is doing it. :(

Yeah but, what happened to the Dunns in Funny Car Summer? :rolleyes:

How often does it happen in campgrounds, at beaches, etc? Anywhere in which people are known to keep their stuff in one place while themselves going to another.

Last edited:

I guarantee you these scum bags didn't need anything except something to sell for its dollar value. :eek:

I guarantee you these scum bags didn't need anything except something to sell for its dollar value. :eek:

Or 10% of it's value on a good day. I don't think they're fellow racers. Probably, IMO, the same people who walk the parking lots collecting donations for charity. What pulled my trigger on that one a few years ago was when they said they were doing it on the behalf of the Veterans Administration while handing out little confederate flags as trinkets. I'm like "I don't THINK so!" ;)

I was going to say loosing your whole rig, car and all like shoe did one time would be worse.
And seeing it go down the track and not being able to do anything about it s definitely worse.

Can you imagine coming to the track on Monday morning and finding your funny car body is missing?

This happens every year at Atlanta-it happened to my buddy Mark Faul (SS/Stk) racer last year. The MO of the thieves is always the same-rip people off while the racers are up running and use the credit cards at a nearby Walmart (it happened to us at Columbus one year). Personally, I think the thieves work at the track-maybe not permanently, maybe only for that race. But I'd be willing to bet money it's an inside job or at least someone is on the inside. NHRA ought to have better security, but they don't. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back