Racers Robbed In Atlanta! (1 Viewer)

This happens every year at Atlanta-it happened to my buddy Mark Faul (SS/Stk) racer last year. The MO of the thieves is always the same-rip people off while the racers are up running and use the credit cards at a nearby Walmart (it happened to us at Columbus one year). Personally, I think the thieves work at the track-maybe not permanently, maybe only for that race. But I'd be willing to bet money it's an inside job or at least someone is on the inside. NHRA ought to have better security, but they don't. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I agree. It was happening back in the early 90s. Though no team I was ever with was hit, year after year we'd hear about others in the Pro pits losing wallets, etc.

It was a total hassle loading everything back into the trailer and locking it every session, but better than the alternative.

Atlanta was always the race it always happened. I have heard many horror stories regarding Englishtown but don't have any first-hand knowledge.

The Kalitta team van was stolen from the hotel parking lot at Englishtown several years ago. That was s BIG headache for the guys because it was before they were a multi-car team.

The Kalitta team van was stolen from the hotel parking lot at Englishtown several years ago. That was s BIG headache for the guys because it was before they were a multi-car team.

It's hard to think of E-town as a place that can happen, after all that town has grown into a magnet for rich people.

It's hard to think of E-town as a place that can happen, after all that town has grown into a magnet for rich people.

Think logically. If you were going to steal from someone, you want junk and cheap stuff or do you want stuff that will bring more $$$. People that take from others are by nature greedy.

What rich people don't steal-ever heard of Enron? The only difference is that when someone steals from you with a six gun, they go to Levenworth or Joliet. When they steal with a fountain pen, they go to Club Fed or get pardoned by Clinton or Bush or some other president.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back