R2B2 Racing Teammates have different motivations heading into St. Louis (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]St. Louis (April 30, 2009) - R2B2 Racing teammates Roger Burgess and Raymond Commisso are both anxious to hit the track this weekend as the Get Screened America Pro Mod Challenge presented by ProCare Rx competes at the O'Reilly NHRA Midwest Nationals, but each has different motivation. Both, however, have the same end in sight: the winner's circle and a Warrior trophy.

As a team, they have dominated qualifying in their Al Billes-tuned and ProCare Rx/R2B2 Motors-backed Camaros: Burges claiming No. 1 bragging-rights in Gainesville, Commisso No. 1 in Houston (Burgess No. 2). Beyond qualifying, however, the pair has identified how to improve their eliminations efforts.

For Burgess, the motivation for the weekend is to continue his improvement as a driver and continue his forward momentum. In Houston, he delivered the second-quickest run ever in a legal Pro Mod, and said he felt every lap was better and better.

"It's no question the car is there - Al has definitely taken care of that. Now, the driver needs to step up - and that's exactly my plan this weekend," Burgess said with a smile.

For Commisso, the motivation isn't to continue, but instead to create momentum based on his qualifying success. After Houston, he holds the honor of running the quickest lap ever (5.884 seconds), and now he wants to translate that horsepower success into round-winning success.

"More than anything, I want to win rounds this weekend, one at a time, like Roger says. Roger has given me the opportunity of a lifetime to drive for such an awesome team, and I want to give him the results," Commisso said.

"I have broken a couple of habits and made some changes in my approach, so I really think this will be a great weekend for me and our whole team," he said.

Qualifying is scheduled for 2 and 4:30 p.m. Friday and 1:30 p.m. Saturday, with eliminations beginning at 4 p.m. Saturday evening and concluding Sunday afternoon. (Subject to change due to weather and scheduling.)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back