R2b2 racing team anxious to start the pro mod season in baton rouge (1 Viewer)

After long weeks of testing and planning, R2B2 Racing teammates Roger Burgess and Raymond Commisso are anxious to christen the 2009 Pro Modified drag racing season this weekend at the Summit Racing Equipment Inaugural IHRA Mardi Gras Nationals at State Capitol Raceway in Baton Rouge, La.

"Raymond and I, along with our tuner Al Billes, have spent countless hours preparing for this season, and we're all anxious to get things started at the IHRA event this weekend," Roger Burgess said.

"We spent a lot of time in Florida working on several things with the cars, and I think we're all really comfortable with our flow as a team," he said.

Calling the shots on the R2B2 stable, Billes says that both Burgess and Commisso will be impressive in their first outing of the season.

"Roger has really shown that he has a natural ability to drive a Pro Mod, and I think he's going to surprise a lot of people with how he handles the horsepower. He's definitely going to be someone drivers have to be prepared to face, because he is so determined to win, one lap at a time," Billes said.

Commisso is no stranger to IHRA competition, boasting multiple event wins in Pro Mod through the past several years.

"Racing with Roger and R2B2 is really a dream come true for me, and I don't think there are any better men than Roger and Al Billes," Commisso said.

"We are really looking forward to starting the year off strong. The testing in West Palm Beach went very well and we worked out our new combinations, so I know Al, Roger and I are all very confident coming into this race.

"There will be a lot of cars and great competition here this weekend, and we're anxious to see what the other teams can bring to the table. It'll be a great sampling of what we can expect for the whole season in Pro Mod," Commisso said.

Qualifying sessions are scheduled for 3 p.m. and 6 p.m. Friday and Saturday, March 6 and 7, with eliminations scheduled to begin at 11 a.m. Sunday March 8.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back