R2B2 Racing Team single-minded entering Gainesville (1 Viewer)

GAINESVILLE, Fla. (March 11, 2009) -- Roger Burgess and Raymond Commisso have one goal this weekend, and they are focused on meeting it one round at a time. Kicking off the Get Screened America Pro Mod Challenge presented by ProCare Rx at the ACDelco NHRA Gatornationals, the R2B2 Racing teammates have a vision of nothing less than a win.

Commisso was just a blink away from earning a 'W' at Gainesville Raceway last season, taking the runner-up position while setting low ET and Top speed for the event. The Toronto-restaurateur said "Roger and I both have incredible hotrods with record-setting Al Billes horsepower, and with last weekend as a benchmark, watch out."

Commisso and the R2B2 Racing team are fresh from a stellar final tune-up last weekend at the IHRA event in Baton Rouge where he qualified number one, set a speed record and won the event.

"We spent a lot of time testing in West Palm earlier in the month, and now I just want to get on the track here in Gainesville," he said.

Roger Burgess said, "We went into the event last weekend looking to get sighted in for the Gatornationals, and I feel very confident that we accomplished our goals."

Burgess debuted last season at Gainesville Raceway with a 6.216/235.10 No. 12 qualifying effort and a quarterfinal finish, and the corporate executive said he is very single-minded coming into this event.

"We're definitely on-task as far as racing this weekend, but I do this because I love it. Raymond, Al and I all know that anything can happen, and our job is to go out there and take it one lap at a time - so that's what we're going to do," he said.

Qualifying in the Get Screened America Pro Mod Challenge presented by ProCare Rx is scheduled to begin Friday with sessions at 1:30 and 4:30 p.m., and conclude at 1:30 p.m. Saturday. Eliminations are scheduled begin at 4:30 Saturday evening and conclude Sunday.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back