Burgess and Commisso ready to go rounds in Houston (2 Viewers)

[coverattach=1]HOUSTON (March 24) - R2B2 Racing teammates Roger Burgess and Raymond Commisso are ready to take on the best Pro Mods in Texas this weekend one round at a time as the Get Screened America Pro Mod Challenge presented by ProCare Rx contests its second event at the O'Reilly NHRA Spring Nationals at Houston Raceway Park in Baytown, Texas. The pair had mixed results at the first event in Gainesville, Fla. but left with the same resolve: Go rounds in Houston.

At the Gatornationals, Burgess took his first pole position and set a personal best ET at 5.993 and top-speed at 243.55 m.p.h. Commisso, who failed to qualify in Florida, said he knows he has the car to get down the track and is confident he'll do well in the Lone Star state.

"It's all about inertia. We had a great start last race with Roger scoring the number one qualifier and going rounds, and my not qualifying was just one of those things that happen - a fluke. I know that Al [Billes, crew chief] has the very best tune-up out there, and I know both of us are very good drivers," Commisso said.

Burgess added, "We've got a great baseline, and a great team, and I'm anxious to get back in the car and keep the momentum going. The program and the series is coming together so well, and I really want to take a Get Screened America 'Warrior' home with me at the end of the weekend."

Series sponsor, Get Screened America, is a healthcare screening/testing, education and awareness program designed to de-mystify the screening process and promote the importance of testing for disease states that can be so easily cured or treated if diagnosed in the early stages.

Qualifying is scheduled for 1:00 and 4:30 p.m. Friday, March 27 and 10:30 a.m. Saturday. Eliminations are scheduled to begin Saturday evening at 4:30 p.m. and conclude Sunday, March 30.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back