Burgess earns first round win of the season at Gatornationals (1 Viewer)

GAINESVILLE, Fla. (March 15) - Roger Burgess drove his ProCare Rx/R2B2 Motors '67 Camaro Pro Mod to his first number one qualifying effort and recorded a personal best ET in the Get Screened America Pro Mod Challenge presented by ProCare Rx and then defeated Taylor Lastor to grab his first round-win of the season.

In the second round of eliminations, Burgess’ Camaro struggled while leaving the starting line, opening the door for eventual event winner Mike Castellana. At the stripe, it seemed close by the numbers - Burgess' 6.050/240.94 to Castellana's 6.013/236.55 - but the lag in reaction times -- .211 to .052 - was the key.

"Of course it was disappointing to go out second round, but in all, it was a great weekend." Burgess said.

"Al [Billes, crew chief] had my car tuned like a top, and although the driver struggled just a bit, he's getting better and better every day," he laughed.

Burgess' set top speed of the meet at 243.55 MPH and was the only car in qualifying to break the five-second zone at 5.993.

"Like I said, our performance on the track was great, but I have to say that the response we got to the whole Get Screened America Pro Mod Challenge program was just as encouraging. From our new Pro Mod hospitality zone to all of the racers who joined us at the track, I'm really pleased with the results. It's given us a huge platform to build on, and I think the future is looking great for Pro Mods in NHRA.

"Now we'll get ready for Houston and take another shot at winning one of the Get Screened America 'Warrior' trophies," Burgess said.

Next on the racing agenda is the Get Screened America Pro Mod Challenge event March 27-29 at the O'Reilly NHRA Spring Nationals at Houston Raceway in Baytown, Texas.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back