R.I.P. Dale Emery (2 Viewers)

Dale and Brenda joined us in London this past November for the British Drag Racing Hall of Fame's annual gala, having previously wrenched the Blue Max when Beadle raced at Santa Pod from 1978-80. It was my privilege to join them for a pub supper on their last night here before I took them to the airport next morning.
Such a charming, decent gentleman, Dale. We are all saddened to learn of his death and offer our condolences to Brenda and family for their loss. R.I.P.

PureHell_03_700.jpg
purehellcolor.jpg
c5face4e95195fcbeea77c378e5336d3.jpg
28DaleEmery.jpg
dale-emery-l-vaughn-r-guasco-1966.jpg
menzies.jpg
de9.jpg

I should also have mentioned that, before visiting Santa Pod with the Blue Max, Dale had first raced there in 1975 as driver of the Chadderton & Okazaki Vega FC.

One of the photos shows what looks like a gold anodized blower. Classy. Noted the push truck had AA/FR, AA/Fuel Roadster. That was probably just before Roadsters & Altereds were combined into "Altered". One photo shows Dale in the far right of the lane. The fuel cars used to run in the extreme right side of the right lane or extreme left side of left lane, so they wouldn't have to run in the same rubber as the door cars. The thought was that they got better traction like that. Saw that at Lions a lot. Was also at Lions the day that the fuelers all decided to run the center of the lane like everyone else and that became the norm. The shot of Dale & Rich (bottom right) was at Lions, the return road heading back to the pits. Long time ago.... Just noticed something. The nite shot....looks like one header is missing, front of the engine. Wonder what happened with that?

Last edited:
I remember them coming to San Fernando and running and sometimes winning Top Fuel with the Pure Hell roadster.

A great guy and true gentleman to our family. He was always willing to help my Dad with his fuel system. Will never forget the last time I was in his shop a couple of months ago. So much Blue Max memorabilia - really took me back in time.

Also, he would always ask about the Maddern Racing team, how we were doing, where our next race was, etc. I will miss those Saturday lunches with him and the guys.

May he rest in peace.

Not sure where that shot of Pure Hell was taken, but a friend has a similar shot with Guasco's Dodge push truck taken at Fremont. We should all aspire to have lived as great a life as Dale...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back