R.I.P. Nikki Lauda (1 Viewer)

He was a great racer. I remember that he got burned really bad one year, but I think he still raced after that.

Jackie Stewart, Jacky Ickx, Mario Andretti, Ronnie Peterson, Nikki Lauda and James Hunt ...those were my heroes in F1 when I was a wee laddie

He was a great racer. I remember that he got burned really bad one year, but I think he still raced after that.
Actually it was the long term effects of that accident that caused him a lot of health issues and eventually his death.

I believe he had a lung transplant several months ago. For anybody who is a fan, the movie "Rush" is a must see. What an awesome, fearless racer. RIP Nikki.

that scene from Ron Howard's movie is so realistic, even down to the spectator filming this 8mm footage...

Last edited:
God Speed Niki. Glad the "fire" days are over in motorsports. Those were some brave dudes. Rush is a great movie, drag racing hasn't had a great movie since Heart Like A Wheel.

rip nikki. those guys back then were fearless. auto racing used to be incredibly dangerous

Sad to hear of Lauda's passing. He was my favorite F1 driver growing up. And yes, 'Rush' is a great film. .

Rush is a great movie, drag racing hasn't had a great movie since Heart Like A Wheel.

You didn't like the Snake and Mongoose movie?

RIP Nikki. Will miss seeing him hanging around the Mercedes garage on race days.

His nickname was supposedly "The Rat" but I highly doubt that anyone save for his closest friends ever used that to his face.

He had a couple of airlines after he got out of racing. Just passengers I think. Not quite as successful as Kalitta Air. I see Kalitta planes at Sky Harbor in Phoenix.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back