Dale Emery (1 Viewer)

Suzie Q

Nitro Member
Please say some prayers for Dale Emery. He is in the hospital after suffering a heart attack. I don't have any other information at this time, but the power of prayer can certainly help.

Hang in there Dale, we all love you.

Hoping for good news- please keep us informed about his condition, Suzie... Dale is a great guy and was a hell of a flopper driver in the day... Get well soon, bud...

Get better Dale!
Grew up seeing pictures of Dale driving Pure Hell, one of the baddest fuel altereds!!:D

Lee
Nitroclovres

Get well soon. One time I was changing planes at SFO to get to Portland. I think I was like 19 at the time and I walked by an airline gate and this really beautiful girl with long dark hair (I think) who worked at the counter for the airline noiced I was wearing an NHRA National event shirt. And she said "who won" and I said "the Blue Max". She said "Dale Emery is my dad". Of course we all know that Dale Emery was the crew chief for the Blue Max. I'll never forget that moment.

Last edited:
The last I heard from my Dad was that his aorta was totally blocked and they were going to move Dale to a place that specializes in heart treatments (My guess would be the new Baylor Heart Center).

I am still in New Jersey because our flight was cancelled due to the bad weather in DFW. Keep your fingers crossed that we get out at 3:30 today. I will let you all know if I hear anything else.

Keep praying.

Get well soon. One time I was changing planes at SFO to get to Portland. I think I was like 19 at the time and I walked by an airline gate and this really beautiful girl with long dark hair (I think) who worked at the counter for the airline noiced I was wearing an NHRA National event shirt. And she said "who won" and I said "the Blue Max". She said "Dale Emery is my dad". Of course we all know that Dale Emery was the crew chief for the Blue Max. I'll never forget that moment.

And they bumped you off your flight anyway.

From Saturday's Norwalk notebook

DALE EMERY RECOVERING – Former “Blue Max” wrench Fred Miller confirmed that former teammate Dale Emery suffered a heart attack on Monday morning with a severe prognosis for the future. Yesterday, Miller confirmed, Emery did a medical 180-degree turn and went from requiring a heart transplant to a drastic improvement. Miller said in all likelihood Emery will undergo bypass surgery soon.

Thanks for the update Bobby. I have been so busy that I have not had a chance to talk to my dad! I am glad to hear that the prognosis is looking better. I would take a bypass over a transplant anyday!

Keep hanging in there Dale!

I saw Dale in Columbus just a couple of weeeks ago,he looked good.I hope and pray for a speedy and complete recovery.Dale is a one of a kind .

I talked to my Dad last night and he said Dale was doing a little better, but is by no means "out of the weeds" yet. They moved him to a hospital that has a great heart unit. He will have to undergo bypass surgery soon. My Dad said he is very lucky to be alive. He wasn't feeling good for about a week before this happened.

So here is a message to everyone...... If you are not feeling like your normal self, please get to the doctor and have them check you out.

Keep those prayers coming!

Suzie, I just saw this thread Sunday afternoon and couldn't believe it!!
I'm not sure if anyone knows or not but years ago Dale was at the airport in the ticket line and suffered a heart attack. As fate would have it the guy in front of him was a heart surgeon and he saved Dale's life that day.
Suzie thanks for the updates as myself or my dad hasn't called Brenda for updates as I'm sure their plate is full at the moment. Probably in a few days we'll give them a shout.
Get Well "Snoz"

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back