Qualifying show tonight is gonna be late! (1 Viewer)

DragFan2

Nitro Member
Hey everyone....looking at ESPN2 at 10:15 PM tonight and the football game preceding the Q-show wasn't even at halftime doesn't bode well for the NHRA Qualifying show to start at 11:00pm EST. I'm betting an hour delay or more so add a couple hours to your DVR or VCR recording. Just a heads up to anyone who happens to stop in tonight.

It's starting right now on ESPN8...

"If it's almost a sport, it's on THE OCHO!"

The Auburn/West Virginia game got started late because of lightning and monsoon rains.

Clearly ESPN is morons because they cant control the weather. Probably Tom Comptons fault as well.
:rolleyes:

Oh ok like i new that about the game? Espn should have a better plan thats all im saying. This happens to much,speed the game up or cut a quarter off.

Oh ok like i new that about the game? Espn should have a better plan thats all im saying. This happens to much,speed the game up or cut a quarter off.
What "better" plan do you want them to have? Cut away from a tie game in the 3rd quarter? To pacify about a fan base about 1/100000th (if that) the size of college footballs fan base? Cut a quarter off? Really? :rolleyes:

What "better" plan do you want them to have? Cut away from a tie game in the 3rd quarter? To pacify about a fan base about 1/100000th (if that) the size of college footballs fan base? Cut a quarter off? Really? :rolleyes:

You work for ESPN or something? lol

Sometims weather shortens sporting events,well except Football lol. Always Drag Racing tho.

You work for ESPN or something? lol
No. I just find it amusing when people piss and moan because ESPN won't cut away from a major sporting event to show a delayed drag racing event.

37 MILLION people attended Division 1 college football games last year. Care to hazard a guess how many went to NHRA national events? Far less than that. Far, far less.

Last edited:

No, that certainly wouldn't be reasonable. But what could be done is to move the drag racing from ESPN and put it on a network where it doesn't play second fiddle.

No, that certainly wouldn't be reasonable. But what could be done is to move the drag racing from ESPN and put it on a network where it doesn't play second fiddle.
Which one?

Speed Channel? Its probably on 50% of the cable systems that carry ESPN. If that.

Face it. I will probably get lit for this, but drag racing is just not that big of a draw for networks. Or advertisers. If it were, it would be on every week, on time. all the time.

I knew when I came to this site tonight someone would be whining about AU WVU running late. And, I wasn't disappointed.

Which one?

Speed Channel? Its probably on 50% of the cable systems that carry ESPN. If that.

Face it. I will probably get lit for this, but drag racing is just not that big of a draw for networks. Or advertisers. If it were, it would be on every week, on time. all the time.

I knew when I came to this site tonight someone would be whining about AU WVU running late. And, I wasn't disappointed.

Blah blah,then go watch your game.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back