Prock vs Todd (1 Viewer)

Geez...I just heard on NHRA.TV a few hours ago and it has almost went out the other side.

Don't hold it to me but I think it was Prock mad at JR a couple of races ago taking to long to stage. Or the other way around.

Either way.... gamesmanship at the tree.

What's the story about these two not seeing eye to eye ?
Oh, you know. JR is keen to get into it with just about anyone, and they both have some growing up to do. That kinda thing. Makes it interesting, though.

Todd beats Prock on a holeshot.
So, who does Bruno interview first? Prock.
Yeah, that was pretty funny. Prock’s mood did change a lot. ;) Yesterday he was all jolly and smiley and swaggering for the camera…”dominant performance this year”, etc. Today he was about to blubber, saying “I’m an idiot”.

It’s always JR Todd or Alex Laughlin who get into it with people. Entertaining when they picked on each other for a couple of years, I speculate that’s one reason why Alex Laughlin no longer drives a nitro car. I’m glad JR chose Austin Prock as a target this year though. JR has got a bit more cred, and he always seems to be the epicenter these days. 👍🏻

Todd beats Prock on a holeshot.
So, who does Bruno interview first? Prock.
Pretty sure it took Todd a minute or two to calm down enough for an interview. He was mighty upset after the second Big Bang of the weekend. Credit to him for not experiencing 3 boomers, because it was about to happen before he wisely shut off in E3, not wanting to waste a body that belonged to Ron Capps. That engine was NOT happy at the 660.

I much preferred Bruno's interview with the little Swedish cutie 😍, who's now a charter member of the Leave Before The Tree Is Activated Association which gained about 5 new members this afternoon. Never seen such a rash of early leavers, two-steppers and holeshot wins. And I guess it's time to take up a collection to get Erica Enders past Round 2, not that she did anything wrong today. Dallas Glenn is simply cat-quick out of the gate. (.011)

I'm a Todd fan , but he really needs to 'curb' the smack talk, regarding the Procks, since Austin's team currently 'owns' FC Eliminator and until Todd's guys are capable of equaling the performance of Austins team, JR is gonna end up with a lot of 'Crow' on the menu

I'm a Todd fan , but he really needs to 'curb' the smack talk, regarding the Procks, since Austin's team currently 'owns' FC Eliminator and until Todd's guys are capable of equaling the performance of Austins team, JR is gonna end up with a lot of 'Crow' on the menu
But don't we love the smack talk? I know I do, especially when it's real and not just for show.

But don't we love the smack talk? I know I do, especially when it's real and not just for show.
Lots of smack-talk over the years but my G.O.A.T. is Force V Pedregon, Indy, 2009. One for the ages.

I'm not anti-Todd at all; he's passionate about his job and he's good at it. But he's always been a bit whiny. Hard to imagine he and Prock are still at it over an alleged long-stage incident but he isn't the first one to whine about that. John Force would get in your chili if you hung him out for 3 seconds. Ask Lee Beard.

Isn't it funny how we gripe about the drivers being all "corporate", then when one says what he is feeling, we act like they committed the crime of the century 🤷‍♂️
It's exactly why we love John Force. He's corporate for certain but lack of expressing his feelings isn't one of his weak points.

Long stage incidents? Really? There is no such thing. NHRA gives you 7 seconds to stage after the other guy stages. I you don't their timing system gives you a red light and the other guy wins. Simple. The last guy to stage can use the entire 7 seconds IF HE WANTS TO. No driver should be pissed off if that happens. If some drivers don't like the 7 second rule they should complain to the NHRA.

I liked staging first because that way I was in control, somewhat, and not rushed. But that's just me.

Geez...I just heard on NHRA.TV a few hours ago and it has almost went out the other side.

Don't hold it to me but I think it was Prock mad at JR a couple of races ago taking to long to stage. Or the other way around.

Either way.... gamesmanship at the tree

Either way.... gamesmanship at the tree.
Other way around.

Something I was thinking about after the JR grenaded another one on Sunday... I remember back in the day they would use sheet metal, pop rivets and tape to patch up bodies when they would sustain damage. You never see that happen anymore; is it a carbon fiber vs fiberglass deal? Are they worried about them staying together at speed?

Nate, do you remember Shirl Greer? Blew up, caught on fire, and a bunch of people put it back together just like you described.

also, on JR's second body damaging boomer, i noticed the large carbon fiber piece attached to body that comes down around injector, and has
multiple 'burst panels' to relieve pressure from an engine explosion. they were all out, yet concussion still cracked body. the two front latches are holding the front closed,
so body arcs up and cracks. the body stays on and does not fly uncontrollably. ....... now new parachute rules have leahy air device and levers working independently of each
other and not mounting to pillars or roof of body. if fans were not endangered, is a 'quick release' body actually the best answer in event of engine explosion?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back