Pro Stock, Things that make you go Hmmmm (1 Viewer)

Being a big SS/AH fan I too am curious about what promises Mopar broke to Wescott. I know he is a GM man first and formost and only runs the Cuda for the Hemi challenge stuff. What's the inside scoop? ;)

As for Carlson staying around to quote "help in the engineering of DSR's Pro Stock cars" if this means adjustment of pedals, seat, steering positions or adding tabs, etc, he is probably fully capable of this type of work. If however they mean major changes to the cars, I would seriously doubt second guessing the likes of Haas, Ness, Bickel etc is very wise. There is a huge difference between what he has built before and the current and ever changing Prostock cars. These established builders have years of experience plus regular feedback from every major team on all aspects of their respective cars.
Thanks JP:D

SC would have a fresh look at it, and no pre conceived notions about how things are suppose to work. Look at Connelly's crew chief now, he has a NAPCAR background and Dave has as many wins as anyone on tour now.

Two Faces of MOPAR

JP, couldn't have said it better myself, what the heck kind of engineering can Carlson provide that guys like Haas, Bickel, RJ, and Ness haven't provided? Shaun is an accomplished person in imports, They made a mistake, simple as that and if MOPAR forces AJ to baby sit or provide Shoe with assistance they really are bad buisness people. They (MOPAR) make promises that they don't keep, just ask Charlie Westcott.

TS, I agree with the part on SC,But what Promises did MOPAR make to Mr. Westcott? He is a SS/AH racer and thats a sportsman class. nothing to do with PRO Stock. Mike Omalley Jackson,michigan

Mike,

A while back when the Westcotts first debuted their Hemi Barracuda it had GM Performance parts decals on it in several places. It had to do with the Hemi Challenge point man not following through on some promises after they had won a race. How does that relate to this subject, it shows how MOPAR changes their mind on things relating to non blown vehicles. They screw guys in the Pro Stock ranks as well as the sportsman ranks. Although moving Shaun would be positive given his track record or lack of a track record. Before any gets it out their mouth not I haven't driven a Pro car but I have followed racing log enough to know that this guy should be qualifying. Facts are facts, Erica Enders proved it was nothing wrong with the car so all you folks who bash guys for saying he can't drive need to take a look at the sheets. He had the power and car earlier in the year to make shows but they (DSR) have lost some and others have gained which has made it tough for Erica to get in.
Oh, and Brodgon has the coin to get that ride if he wants, he's the only logical Houston choice out there.

Before any of you start throwing stones at your own glass houses,you need to realize that sometimes it's not the corporation itself,but sometimes who is managing the deal.

SC would have a fresh look at it, and no pre conceived notions about how things are suppose to work. Look at Connelly's crew chief now, he has a NAPCAR background and Dave has as many wins as anyone on tour now.

Jade, that would be a fair comment if the cars did not work, but we are talking about some of the most efficient racecars in all types of motor sport.
Thanks JP:D

Last edited:
"Before any of you start throwing stones at your own glass houses,you need to realize that sometimes it's not the corporation itself,but sometimes who is managing the deal."

Chris, if you manage the deal, you represent the company and therefore are the company of record.

Very good point...He may have some "Ideas" that the "Old Timers" never thought would work.... Example.. he should see if the TEAM OWNER would want to try Front Wheel Drive ... ya never know .. ask Yogi Berra :) "It ain't over till its over".. :D

Also, will teach a class on" BODY PIERCINGS":rolleyes: for better weight distrubution. :D

Okay Robert, I'm over fifty, but Body Piercings and Body Art doesn't phase me in the least... between some of the 'kids' I work with, and a neighbor girl who calls me Dad... she likes to show me her latest adornments, (always with my better half around) and I must say, hummmmm... and you pierced them/that why? :D

Tats are no problem, I don't have any, don't like needles (faint when I get a shot)...

I don't know, maybe we are being too hard on the Kid... When fields are within 1/2 a tenth... 6.63 to 6.69 and 22 to 25 cars are showing up to qualify...

"Before any of you start throwing stones at your own glass houses,you need to realize that sometimes it's not the corporation itself,but sometimes who is managing the deal."

Chris, if you manage the deal, you represent the company and therefore are the company of record.

I'm sure that those who had Mopar sponsorship when Lou Patane was managing will disagree with that statement.

They don't update their site often when it comes to Pro Stock

Anyone else notice that it's been about a month now, and she's still not listed in the driver lineup on the DSR site?

They don't have Shaun's info updated so you have to beleive Erica's wouldn't have been updated. Truth is their Pro Stock car program has not been setting the world on fire so why report on it? Look at their blogs, they only update those when they qualify or go to the second round. Erica's last blog didn't even talk about racing, she didn't want to discuss it. They aren't that damn busy they are only dirvers. Most of us 'maters put in more ours than some of these drivers do and we find time to read message boards and keep up with racing online and add opinions where we see fit, why can't they? Schumacher pays a guy to update their site and he only reports on their successes, it would be nice to know about the inner working of a team, not that PR bs they put out there.

They don't have Shaun's info updated so you have to beleive Erica's wouldn't have been updated. Truth is their Pro Stock car program has not been setting the world on fire so why report on it? Look at their blogs, they only update those when they qualify or go to the second round. Erica's last blog didn't even talk about racing, she didn't want to discuss it. They aren't that damn busy they are only dirvers. Most of us 'maters put in more ours than some of these drivers do and we find time to read message boards and keep up with racing online and add opinions where we see fit, why can't they? Schumacher pays a guy to update their site and he only reports on their successes, it would be nice to know about the inner working of a team, not that PR bs they put out there.

Since leaving Cagnazzi, I'm going to take a wild guess here and say that the Enders team is probably moving stuff back to Texas. That can take some time I think.

("They aren't that busy they are only drivers") You know this because?
I think that's a pretty broad statement to make if you don't have first hand knowledge, don't you?

So Pro racers only work 23 weekends a year. That is 69 days a year. Minus a few days that get rained out. Minus a DNQ here and there. That leaves at least 296 days a year that they should be on their computer keeping you updated on what is going on. I think I got that right.:rolleyes: Get a life!

Always one in the bunch.

I don't know what the hell a "dirver" is, but that statement is pretty weak.

Hey Andy,

It was a typing error, if you could see past trying to make me look like an a%^ you would see that. I am sure sensible people could see two letters were switched. And I stand behind my statement, these drivers who have blogs aren't that busy that they can not update their blogs.

Terrance

Not what I said

So Pro racers only work 23 weekends a year. That is 69 days a year. Minus a few days that get rained out. Minus a DNQ here and there. That leaves at least 296 days a year that they should be on their computer keeping you updated on what is going on. I think I got that right.:rolleyes: Get a life!

I didn't say these guys or girls only had to update "me" on what they are doing nor did I say they only work 69 days a year, why don't guys read for understanding. How long does take to make an update on a computer once or twice a week? How about you get a life John.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back