Pro Stock, Things that make you go Hmmmm (1 Viewer)

didn't the shoe talk about putting lee beard into an engineering position before he was released also.

How the heck can SC help with engineering a PS car when he can't even drive one? Also, I said months ago on the old 'Mater that DSR should ditch their PS operation.

you do not have to drive a car to engineer a car.

Shaun is a great fabricator and welder. Heck he makes a lot of things for Mopar, so if you buy something that is a Mopar performance part it might of been made by SC.

Hi:)
It's quite obvious to most/all of us that Don Schumacher is no fool, and given that it is very possible he will get out of Pro Stock at some point, he is running his teams to make money as much as his love for the sport. All sponsors want to be at the "Top of the Heap" (although I wonder about Mopar Prostock) and it is showing to be a lot harder in Pro Stock than in the Fuel categories for Don Schumacher Racing, and because of this he may decide to direct any new or existing funds from sponsors to his already proven winning teams. Not many sponsors hang around when "their car" is always an "also ran".

As for Carlson staying around to quote "help in the engineering of DSR's Pro Stock cars" if this means adjustment of pedals, seat, steering positions or adding tabs, etc, he is probably fully capable of this type of work. If however they mean major changes to the cars, I would seriously doubt second guessing the likes of Haas, Ness, Bickel etc is very wise. There is a huge difference between what he has built before and the current and ever changing Prostock cars. These established builders have years of experience plus regular feedback from every major team on all aspects of their respective cars.
Thanks JP:D

Spot On!

Hi:)
It's quite obvious to most/all of us that Don Schumacher is no fool, and given that it is very possible he will get out of Pro Stock at some point, he is running his teams to make money as much as his love for the sport. All sponsors want to be at the "Top of the Heap" (although I wonder about Mopar Prostock) and it is showing to be a lot harder in Pro Stock than in the Fuel categories for Don Schumacher Racing, and because of this he may decide to direct any new or existing funds from sponsors to his already proven winning teams. Not many sponsors hang around when "their car" is always an "also ran".

As for Carlson staying around to quote "help in the engineering of DSR's Pro Stock cars" if this means adjustment of pedals, seat, steering positions or adding tabs, etc, he is probably fully capable of this type of work. If however they mean major changes to the cars, I would seriously doubt second guessing the likes of Haas, Ness, Bickel etc is very wise. There is a huge difference between what he has built before and the current and ever changing Prostock cars. These established builders have years of experience plus regular feedback from every major team on all aspects of their respective cars.
Thanks JP:D

JP, couldn't have said it better myself, what the heck kind of engineering can Carlson provide that guys like Haas, Bickel, RJ, and Ness haven't provided? Shaun is an accomplished person in imports, no doubt but that world and this world are totally different. I wish Shoe and MOPAR would go ahead and send him back to the "minor" leagues and be done with it. They made a mistake, simple as that and if MOPAR forces AJ to baby sit or provide Shoe with assistance they really are bad buisness people. They (MOPAR) make promises that they don't keep, just ask Charlie Westcott.
Fuel racing is alot easier than Pro Stock though most maters will disagree but it's true. If it was so easy why isn't Shoe's team dominating? Maybe one day NHRA will realize Pro Stock should get equal billing and money just like the oil down class. Yeah, when donkeys fly out my butt they will.

JP, couldn't have said it better myself, what the heck kind of engineering can Carlson provide that guys like Haas, Bickel, RJ, and Ness haven't provided? Shaun is an accomplished person in imports, They made a mistake, simple as that and if MOPAR forces AJ to baby sit or provide Shoe with assistance they really are bad buisness people. They (MOPAR) make promises that they don't keep, just ask Charlie Westcott.

TS, I agree with the part on SC,But what Promises did MOPAR make to Mr. Westcott? He is a SS/AH racer and thats a sportsman class. nothing to do with PRO Stock. Mike Omalley Jackson,michigan

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back