Pro Stock Migration?? (2 Viewers)

I think you will see Robert Patrick again with a Sonny Leonard 500 as Sonny will also be making inroads to NHRA PS.

Anybody know what the last Sonny motor was to qualify in NHRA PS? I'm thinking it might have Robert Patrick. I'd love to see Patrick back on the NHRA side, it'd be nice to see a Mustang make a serious run at being competitive again.

I'd love to see Robert Patrick back in NHRA for 2 major reasons. #1 I miss a ford being there and #2 his sister's fine!

Or perhaps, moving over from the IHRA side is a step up, like moving from the Minor League, to the Major League!;)

Or maybe the Mountain-motor ETs and speeds are more than they can handle???

(hey, just kidding folks)

To me IHRA Mountain Motor Pro Stock is one of the coolest classes around and with Torco's increased involvement the timing seems odd. Whether there are business reasons involved or just plain ego, I wonder why these guys would coming over when I doubt anyone will be able to compete with Cagnazzi or Black's teams. Good luck to them, but my guess is that within a couple of years they will be back in the IHRA or out of the sport completely.

Anybody know what the last Sonny motor was to qualify in NHRA PS? I'm thinking it might have Robert Patrick. I'd love to see Patrick back on the NHRA side, it'd be nice to see a Mustang make a serious run at being competitive again.

It was Robert Patrick in (I believe) Tony Gillig's Oldsmobile. He went pretty far in that race too (maybe the final?) and I distinctly remember him stating "Sonny Leonard horsepower"! That was a great race. And I'm sure Mr. Gillig will straighten me out if I got the facts screwed...it was a while ago.

It's good to see some guys returning to NHRA again. A lot of talented drivers and crew chiefs over in IHRA. Isn't that where Tommy Utt came from?... and which team is he on again??? ;);) And many of us Sonny's fans have always said if he ever got the budget to do 500 inchers, watch out. I wonder where Billy Huff is? Would be good to see that guy back as well.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back