Pro Stock Migration?? (1 Viewer)

Hmm, new teams entering the NHRA. It must be due to the ....... Nevermind

Oooooh...I like games...

starts with 'C' ends with 'N', rhynes with 'DountCown'? :eek:

Am I right? :D:D

Ding, Ding, Ding we have a winner!
1204.gif

Wow, Nobile's coming back. Didn't he try the 500 inch class a few years ago? A team deal with the DeCeglie's, maybe?

gotta love the nhra, the only sports orgaization where you can win a championship without having the best or fastest car, im sure a lot will migrate over here ;)

Nobile is reported going with Mopar (again) and I'm guessing Larry Morgan will supply engines (again).

This is amazing! Remember all those stories about how Pro stock is dying? Amazing how things can turn around!:rolleyes:

succeeding in NHRA Pro Stock these days is as hard as it ever was. Currently you've got the 2 best drivers in the class DC & JC driving, arguably the 2 fastest cars in the class. Between the Cagnazzi boys and the Summit guys, getting into the winners circle is nearly impossible these days. I believe the only cars that won a race last year other than TEAM VC/KB was both of the Johnson teams

If guys are moving from IHRA pro stock to NHRA pro stock, IHRA ought to ask itself why! Maybe IHRA is not treating the Pro Stock racers all that well.

THE COUNTDOWN SUCKS!!!

Come on now! You gotta get yourself caught up on what's politically correct here. It's only appropriate make an initial mention if you're in FAVOR of it! Otherwise, you're beating a dead horse, etc, etc, etc! :D

It's like promoting or being prejudiced against an ethnic background. One's acceptable. One's not. :D

I doubt the migration has anything to do with the Countdown, HDP, Tom Compton, lack of TV coverage for anybody but Force or any other reason all the Chicken Littles on this board always harp about. I seriously doubt it has anything to do with being ill-treated by the IHRA. Racers universally praise IHRA with the exception of Pro Mod (and as long as there are 2 combinations, they will never be happy anyway).

Maybe they were able to put together a big enough budget that running NHRA becomes feasible.

Maybe they just wanted to race more than the 11 events a year the IHRA runs.

Maybe folks like Nobile and Patrick (rumored to be coming to the 500in ranks a few months ago) didn't like the way things turned out in their first go around in NHRA and want another crack at it.

Lastly, this is not a knock on the IHRA or any other sanctioning body, but everyone knows if you want to run with the best, NHRA is the place to do it.

I say welcome, the more the merrier. Hopefully someone will find something for Cagnazzi and Team Summit next year.

I am very curious to see another IHRA stalwart from the mountain motor wars, and that is Sonny Leonard horsepower under the hood ....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back