Pro Stock Car Count (1 Viewer)

Paul

Staff member
Nitro Member
Is there trouble over at the IHRA? I see only 1 pro stock car showed up to the race this weekend.

Is there trouble over at the IHRA? I see only 1 pro stock car showed up to the race this weekend.

Edmonton is a hell of a haul when diesel is over $5.00 a gallon....most of the guys can't afford to go all the way there and there was no extra incentive given.....the purse can't cover the costs of going

You should have been here to see & hear the fans when Bob Bertsch made his runs, it was pretty spectacular. Especially when we had the moment of silence for John Weisler, the crewman for the Rislone team that we lost @ Budds Creek.

Did see the Nitro Harley guys involved in some conversations with the top dogs here......... wonder if that means anything.

Unk

I still think it is sad for the fans and the track. Those three letters before "stock" are "Pro". That is short for professional. Me and the rest of the die-hard Alberta race fans shelled out good money to watch a show. As far as I'm concerned, the racers that didn't come let me down. I'm sorry for what the economy has done to the price of fuel, but I see alot of American license plates in our pits, so I guess some people can make it that far. And I know I am very thankful that the racers that do make such a long haul, go to the trouble. I hope they all feel welcome here. I always try to mention in passing how thankful we are that they attend.

I understand that it might not make good business sense to drive to a race that you have a better chance of losing money than making money. But I hope that those racers realize that me and the thousands of other fans today operated at a loss just to come watch them race. It happens every time that there is a race. I know of very few fans who leave a race with more money than they came with.

I appreciate everyone who travels to Edmonton for this event. Thank you. (Especially you Unk!) For those who didn't or couldn't make it, hopefully we will see you next year.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back