Powerade (1 Viewer)

It's obvious Coca-cola's priorities are in Nascar! They're Powerade commitment to NHRA is just filler! Winston invested $12 Million per year in NHRA, Powerade $3 million per year. What I always wondered was; Did NHRA settle for Powerade because that was the Best offer out there?:rolleyes:

My kiddo drinks the blue Powerades at his games...thankfully, their concession stand carries it over Gatorade. When given a choice....he always prefers Powerade and at Sonic gets the Powerade Slushies. ;)

Same deal here!! Mine will kill a 44oz Sonic Powerade slush on a hot day after swimming events,and the blue is the only one he drinks.

used to be a gatoraider until I tasted my first powerade, its 100times better.

Now when I play sports I always grab a powerade. I do wish they'd have nhra versions. Luckily they have plain bottles as well cuz if all they have is nascar ones on the shelf then I grab a water instead

I just think maybe an "Official sportsdrink of the NHRA Powerade Drag Racing series - nhra.com", could be somewhere on the label.

I just think maybe an "Official sportsdrink of the NHRA Powerade Drag Racing series - nhra.com", could be somewhere on the label.

I drank Gatorade, swithched to Powerade when they picked up the NHRA... and recently switched back to Gatorade as, in my opinion, it tastes better that Powerade. To me Powerade is liking drinking an Otter Pop that hasn't been frozen.

Powerade gives me horrible heartburn whereas Gatorade doesn't. Besides, I've always preferred Pepsi over Coke.

Everyone's money is with the 800 pound NASCAR gorilla. Long as they have corporate America's attention, they'll get the bucks. BTW, does anyone else remember the Pepsi drivers knocking the POWERade off the roof of their cars during the victory circle celebrations? NASCAR had to fine them to get it to stop!

Everyone's money is with the 800 pound NASCAR gorilla. Long as they have corporate America's attention, they'll get the bucks. BTW, does anyone else remember the Pepsi drivers knocking the POWERade off the roof of their cars during the victory circle celebrations? NASCAR had to fine them to get it to stop!

Yep! I think the first one to do it was Jeff Gordon. It was at a Poweraid sponsored race. As he climbed out of his car, he spotted the cartons and bottles and immediately swept them off of the roof, and put a bottle of Pepsi up there in stead. Coke expressed their displeasure with that, after all they paid big bucks for the naming rights. After that one, a couple of other Pepsi drivers did the same thing, and that's when NASCAR announced fines. The very next race, I think it was Jeff Gordon again, where he would have had Coke products put on his roof, he simply didn't go to victory lane. He parked it on the front straightaway and that was that. They had to come out to him with the trophy.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back