Pomona (1 Viewer)

Notch1320

BerserkoBob
Nitro Member
Found this on another site:

"Heard on our local So Cal news on KTLA channel 5 this morning that the L.A. County Fair in Sept has been canceled for 2021 . Pretty sure they said permits were not going to be issued so this will probably wipe out both NHRA races and remaining Pomona Swap Meets but only will open for Covid vaccinations."

I'm so glad that I don't live in California...

The 2021 Grand National Roadster Show held at the Fairplex in Pomona was cancelled a couple of months ago.
It's usually held in January but was scheduled for May this year in hopes of trying to get around the COVID-19 closures.

With Phoenix out and if Pomona is lost (at least for Pomona 1 which seems likely) I wonder if NHRA will revert back to multiple events at Indy or even Gainesville since NHRA owns both facilities.

With Phoenix out and if Pomona is lost (at least for Pomona 1 which seems likely) I wonder if NHRA will revert back to multiple events at Indy or even Gainesville since NHRA owns both facilities.

Indy makes the most sense, as most of the teams' shops are less than 5 miles from the track. Gainesville is a hell of a tow, no matter where you are in the USA (except Florida or Georgia obviously).

Run them in Indy and I will be there, I went to all of them last year. April in Indy might be risky from a weather standpoint, but May you should be good. You could also run back to back races at either Gainesville or Atlanta to make up the 2 lost races.

Sonoma and Seattle won't be far behind I'll bet, canceling their National events.

That's kind of jumping the gun at this time isn't it? That's a long time from now. I saw on CNN that vaccinations are outnumbering new cases 10-1 in the US now. We aren't doing as well with vaccinations here in Canada, but I sure hope you are wrong. And those facilities are NOT being used for other purposes right now.

Run them in Indy and I will be there, I went to all of them last year. April in Indy might be risky from a weather standpoint, but May you should be good. You could also run back to back races at either Gainesville or Atlanta to make up the 2 lost races.
The only issue with running them elsewhere is it screws over the sportsman racers who can’t travel 1500-2000 miles. If they are going to change the venue, Las Vegas would be the most obvious option.

The only issue with running them elsewhere is it screws over the sportsman racers who can’t travel 1500-2000 miles. If they are going to change the venue, Las Vegas would be the most obvious option.
For who?

If Pomona does get axed would it not make more sense to run that race in Vegas anyway? I would imagine most sportsman racers running Pomona are running Vegas since it's another division 7 race.

Plus it saves the pro teams extra fuel since they can leave their rigs for a week since I would imagine they would not have gone back to Indy in between Pomona and Vegas anyway

Last edited:
Nevada just changed their restrictions to allow 35% capacity 2/15 and 50% on 3/15. This could open up LVMS to do more than one event since they will be there in April.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back