Pomona tv coverage (1 Viewer)

Whether or not there was a limit on attendance, the Pomona crowds have been declining for years, in a big way. I truly think the past couple of decades has seen a huge shift in the California demographic as it pertains to the car culture that for a long time was huge there. Whatever the case, NHRA needs to address it. Maybe it's time to go to Pomona once a year, if at all.
Agreed, Pomona has seen diminishing crowds for years. Post Covid and the crowds are even worse. As you stated, I believe the motorsport loving fans have made a big migration out of Southern California in recent years. The crowds at Phoenix are a good indication and the absolute bursting at the seams crowds we are seeing at Firebird Raceway in Idaho in the past 2 years tells the story.

I spent time Sunday in the finish line grandstands. Pretty good crowd in my opinion considering they limited attendance. The grandstands on the right side of the track were closed all four days. Something I've never seen mentioned is how the FOX camera platform always blocks the right lane scoreboard for the folks who sit in the right side grandstands. Not an issue this year since they were closed.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back