Pomona tv coverage (1 Viewer)

Yeah, it is a lil baffling that there won't be a Friday night show for the World Finals. Sunday gets a two hour qualifying show followed by eliminations.
Check NHRA Facebook, @ the prescribed Q1 start time (you don't need an acct), they sometimes air Q1 live if it is not on FS1 . Coverage is from NHRA TV, so you wont get good audio, but @ least you get Alan and Joe two great announcers
Not saying this will happen, but they have done it many times this season

fox networks schedule shows nothing friday or saturday, sunday 2pm qualifying and 4pm race, followed by a post race show at 7pm? all eastern time. is this correct?
the monday schedule shows no re-airs on fs1 or fs2, which has been the norm all year long?

fox networks schedule shows nothing friday or saturday, sunday 2pm qualifying and 4pm race, followed by a post race show at 7pm? all eastern time. is this correct?
the monday schedule shows no re-airs on fs1 or fs2, which has been the norm all year long?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211111-192532_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211111-192532_Chrome.jpg
    380.2 KB · Views: 28
I was sitting in section 22 for Friday and we did not have the bigscreen tv out there today. There was the one by the West side bleacers behind the starting line but no one downtrack can see it.

Good heads up about Facebook. I don’t use it but it could be useful for many. I bought NHRA tv for the weekend though. It’s so much improved in video quality, you get Alan announcing and now some of the Fox interviews. Not sure the Fox shows are as good, just cheaper and cut out any cleanups or down time.

The Pomona stands all weekend are concerning. I will say most tracks this year had at least 1 day where the stands were +75% full, we never got close to that in Pomona. Maybe ending the year in Vegas might not be a bad idea. Overall, I thought the NHRA TV and the Fox coverage were great this weekend. NHRA TV all year has been fantastic.

I was there Saturday and it was less than half full. I think there was a decent turn out. But not many went. It was hot, but not so hot that I believe that influenced folks to stay away. Ticket prices are similar to what they’ve been for years. So that’s not likely why. Maybe folks just have other things they would rather do?

I watched the whole show & thought it was good. Noticed the stands were not real full. I did like the "after game" show they had. Showed the new Toyota Supra F/C & it is slick!
Didn't they limit ticket sales to 10,000 per day? I read that on a post here previously.

Didn't they limit ticket sales to 10,000 per day? I read that on a post here previously.
Kina' wish they'd mentioned that during the NHRA.TV broadcast (FOX too). The sparsely occupied stands made it look dead.
For that matter: Never thought I'd say it but, Las Vegas - for the finals makes A LOT of sense.

Whether or not there was a limit on attendance, the Pomona crowds have been declining for years, in a big way. I truly think the past couple of decades has seen a huge shift in the California demographic as it pertains to the car culture that for a long time was huge there. Whatever the case, NHRA needs to address it. Maybe it's time to go to Pomona once a year, if at all.

It must have been the general admission seats that reflected decreased attendance. I sit in the section closest to Top Eliminator and all the sections at that end were packed, especially on Sunday. Maybe the casual fans are staying home while the avid fans were there. I'm sure the heat kept the casual fans away as well.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back