POLL: who wants pro mod as a pro class in the NHRA? (1 Viewer)

who wants pro mod as a pro class in the NHRA?

• Yes, for all 23 events!

Votes: 58 40.8%
  • Yes, but make it limited to select events like PSM.

Votes: 27 19.0%
  • Get rid of the bikes and replace it with pro mod!

Votes: 18 12.7%
  • The NHRA has enough pro classes. Make it a sportsman class.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • No, keep it as it is right now - an exhibition.

Votes: 29 20.4%

• Total voters
Now you tell me...how can you NOT think this is bitchin??!!

01.jpg

Or a '57..or Willy's. I think PM has lots to offer.

At first glance,I thought that car was a AMC Javelin,but I see it's supposed to be a Camaro.

I say keep it as an exhibition class.

Dump the bikes and bring Pro Mod on as a full professional category.I'd also like to see injected nitro cars in TA/FC...

Well after seeing some sizable oil down clean ups fixed in the time it takes to run a commercial break I would say that the time is available.
Run 1 st. round as usual Sat. night and 2nd round at the beginning of the pro's and we have a winner.
I also prefer the older body styles which for the most part not as drag efficient as the later body's so give a 200 lb. break as some do now.
That oil sucker thingy is really impressive as it don't take but 20 to 30 seconds to lift that stubborn synthetic oil right off the track. To runs with the thing and some powder and its VHT time.
I saw two spills that normally would have taken 20 to 25 minutes cleaned up in 5 to 7 minutes.

Reminds me of the KOH :D series at a nearby 1/8 mile track. Definitely like to see Pro Mod more!

I'm spoiled because E-Town always had good pro mod shows. It would be great to see them at all the races but I voted for a partial schedule. More a reflection on the prize money I believe would be available than anything else. FWIW, I'd rather see a nostalgia fuel class though. FEDs and 70s funny cars running heads up. That would be my first choice.

at the divisionals

I think Pro Mod should be a premier class at the divisionals along with the Alcohol classes. maybe attendance for divisionals would go up!

Maybe we need a "Limbo Eliminator." You know, LODRS events are scheduled at tracks without TAFC or TAD now. We have "SportsNationals" without TAFC or TAD. We have National events without the alcohol cars or Pro Mod. They are not, ahem, Pro-fessionals. So, where are are the alcohol racers? In Limbo!
My favorite cars are TAFC as their races are usually decided at the stripe after a side by side battle. Of course, the nitro cars are great. Yet, how often do we see a race? Usually, it's a one lane show with blazing tires in the other lane.
Cheers,
Ed
Limbo lower now. How low can you go? I don't want to know.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back