POLL: who wants pro mod as a pro class in the NHRA? (1 Viewer)

who wants pro mod as a pro class in the NHRA?

• Yes, for all 23 events!

Votes: 58 40.8%
  • Yes, but make it limited to select events like PSM.

Votes: 27 19.0%
  • Get rid of the bikes and replace it with pro mod!

Votes: 18 12.7%
  • The NHRA has enough pro classes. Make it a sportsman class.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • No, keep it as it is right now - an exhibition.

Votes: 29 20.4%

• Total voters
AMS told me at Indy if the NHRA did not make a class for Pro Mods, they would not be back as sponsor in 07. AMS is paying NHRA for event track time and they foot all the bills for TV coverage.

I was talking about this to my dad one day. He agrees with me about pro mod being changed to a pro class. He said a big reason why it's not happening right now is because "The pro stock guys probably feel theatened." That could very well be true, but why would the pro stock guys be threatened by a bunch of cars that are basically alcohol funny cars with doors? :confused:

We would never get to see a full telecast again. That's for sure.
I would love to see a full pro mod schedule on ESPN2, right along with the Pro Drag Schedule, but they don't have time. Those competition eaters have more important crowds to cater too. :rolleyes:

We would never get to see a full telecast again. That's for sure.
I would love to see a full pro mod schedule on ESPN2, right along with the Pro Drag Schedule, but they don't have time. Those competition eaters have more important crowds to cater too. :rolleyes:

Yes, 'cause people seem to like seeing a man stuffing his face full of hotdogs rather than seeing some of the fastest cars in the world. :rolleyes:

*I am being sarcastic.*

I want to see them go pro and race all 23 events, I wish they'd race the bikes everywhere too. They could still have their own hour or 1/2 show then as well, maybe include alky cars with pro mod coverage.

Absolutely the entire tour! I was at Norwalk and they had a huge turn out of Pro mods. I was in heaven. Next best thing to nitro ... for me.

I say 100% yes make it a pro class. I realize a lot of the pro mod teams will not have the budget to race all the events. My idea would be to have 15 races per year, but have some sort of track rotation where if you were skipped on the schedule 2007, you were locked for pro mod in 2008.

I like PM a lot, having said that, I still don't think we need another Pro class. I think we need to find more money for the pro cars that we already have. Also, the basic premise of Pro Mod is pretty much gone, as most cars are now blown alcohol. Which poses the question: If you take an alcohol FC, put the driver off to the left, and slow it down, should that now be considered a Pro car?

I think the entertainment value of PM is definitely there. And, you don't see 41 Willy's and 57 Chevy's in PS. Pro Class? Maybe, I'd even settle for them to race at all the events regardless of whether they are considered Pro Class or Sportsmen.

We already have a class where the fans can't identify the car make (FC). Although I like Pro Mod, I don't think they would go over that well with the "average" fan who watches the drags on TV. It's too close to FC.

And, as mentioned before, they (ESPN2) wouldn't give us enough TV air time to add another class. They have to save that air time for double dutch jump rope and darts.

As Long as TAD/TAFC remain a sportsman catagory, don't expect PM to become a Pro class anytime soon.

Truth be told, if we could get rid of the bikes and put Pro Mod on the full 23 race schedule - I would've voted for that.

I definitely hope that they make it a PRO class. Its my FAVORITE!

PS: please allow turbos again!
I can definitely agree on the TURBOS, they kickass and add alot of excitement. But, you think there's bickering now on the parity of the blown cars, it would turn into a 3 way cry-fest!
:eek:

As Long as TAD/TAFC remain a sportsman catagory, don't expect PM to become a Pro class anytime soon.
Joe, I don't believe there's a correlation there anymore. Look at the fan interest in PM across the country and the number of successful PM-based events that are going on (especially the ADRL event that sold out The Rock last month). PM, in my opinion, has already far out-paced TAFC in popularity and if that leads to butts in seats and $$ in NHRA's pocket, you can bet they'll be a Pro class before TAFC.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back