Pics and vid from Fuel Altered event @ Bakersfield (1 Viewer)

Paul,
Thanks for some great pics on my first love.... Fuel Altereds!!! You did a good job on capturing the flavor of the event. Mousie is amazing isn't he???

jim

ps: That's a Mustang II not a pinto....;)

Thank you so very much!! I sat around all day Sat, missing it, hearing it, smelling it. I feel much better now, and I didnt have to drive for 10 hours to do it! 2:30am finals are the norm pretty much here at SIR for their altereds event. Oh and by the way, you sure did a great job in promoting the sponsor of the race!!

Word has it that it was unadulterated oil-fest from the Fuel Altereds... almost every pair greasing the track. They didn't finish the race until around 4 AM.

You gotta love a guy who gives us a food review and includes a photo! :) That looks tasty!

Last edited:
Oops, not much of a ford person.

Wanted to upload the pics when I got home from the event,
but it was 5:30am and I was dead.

Yeah man, a delay of some kind happened after almost every pair.
The "oil down from hell" happened in 2nd rd. The announcer said it had to have been synthetic oil to have taken so long(about an hour or so).

If you see a "Chuy's".... stop in and support those who support drag racing.
They had the race cars and the drivers out there on Thursday night.

Last edited:
... If you see a "Chuy's".... stop in and support those who support drag racing.
They had the race cars and the drivers out there on Thursday night.
Absolutely...

Chuy's is a guaranteed stop for the NorCal Top Compers... when our wives and girlfriends aren't with us... ;) LMAO

Great stuff Paul. Thanks for all the great shots. :cool: Made me feel like I was there. (Missed it) Love the Altereds. :D Takes me back to the days.....

Last edited:
Great pics and it sounds like a great event. It's too bad the oildowns plagued the race. I'm not being critical, but do these guys use the diapers and things that are required at the "big shows"? If these guys are trying to create a show that is marketable that they can take to other tracks, I would think that they don't want to create a reputation for being leakers. Again, I'm not being critical, I actually am an altered fanatic and love the fact that they still are out there doing their own shows, it just seems crazy that a show like this has to go until the next morning to be completed. And believe me, I know s**t happens.

I'm not being critical, but do these guys use the diapers and things that are required at the "big shows"? If these guys are trying to create a show that is marketable that they can take to other tracks, I would think that they don't want to create a reputation for being leakers. Again, I'm not being critical, I actually am an altered fanatic and love the fact that they still are out there doing their own shows, it just seems crazy that a show like this has to go until the next morning to be completed. And believe me, I know s**t happens.

Yeah, I don't want to give the impression I'm being critical either.
Sh!7 does happen and it's a bad deal for these teams to hurt parts.

I understand also that containment devices -"diapers" cost alot.
The fans do appreciate how hard the racers work.

However, the oildowns hurt the show Saturday.
This happens at the nostalgia events too.

I don't know, I don't want the racers to get defensive.
I'll keep going to the shows and supporting.

Thanks for those great shots. Sounds like a very long day. But, look at all that beautiful asphalt in the pits. That's going to make it really nice for the Hot Rod Reunion. Can hardly wait!

Yes there were a few oil downs, with the synthetic oil one taking an hour to clean. All the Transformer and Nostalgia F/A are required and had diapers that I know of, I don't know about the Alcohol Altereds that ran. Equal or more down time was due to centerline and wall incidents. It looked like there was a bounty on the foam timing cones and to see who could rub the most paint off the guardrails. In all fairness to the teams that were there, the pre-event hype on the super condition of the track that would result in record times led most teams (including us) to come to the line a little too aggressive.
Other than taking way too long to complete, the fan response we got while towing back in front of the stands and in the pits was great. This was one of the best gathering of Real Fuel Altereds in 30 years.
Dave Hough

Dave, always great to see you post here. My dad and I were at the 50th Indy in '04, and we got there Friday night, running to the fence just in time to see Rick making a burnout, then a wild pass in the Nanook. After that run, my dad says "That's it, if I don't see anything else run I'll have had a great weekend!" He's an old A/A racer, so we are altered fanatics. I'm glad the event had a great turnout. I would love to see some form of AA/FAs become a real eliminator again with a sanctioning body, but in the meantime it's great that you guys are staying busy running these cars across the country.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back