Pics from Chuy's altered's @ Bakersfield (1 Viewer)

3540ac57.jpg

In October, this grove will be filled with hot rods, rockabilly people, rod kulture fans, gearheads, and more good stuff

98a0d16e.jpg

So, with my nitro doses ingested, I head on back to the car to eat some grub and drink some powerade.....because the line at the one and only concession stand is a biotch!

437b6c2d.jpg

some summit action getting under way

09f2c23b.jpg

ea5f0f65.jpg

592091b2.jpg

lotta mofo bikes showed up! It's a popular class believe it or not.

da5b52a6.jpg

sweet '55 shoebox.....love those cars!

6df85705.jpg

So I'm heading out to the car and on the way, I spot a truck from one of the event sponsors. Holder's heating and air conditioning.

ee8fe9ec.jpg

Now, mind you, it was a hot and sunny Saturday! High 80's or mid 90's.
I walk by the truck, and I kid you not, the area surrounding the truck was much cooler! LOL I'm serious! LOL! It's like a bubble of cool air conditioned air surrounded the truck!

Also, I saw some fins I had not seen in a looooong time

5aa1ff53.jpg

a7d7cd88.jpg

A nice crowd showed up

8fdfdb09.jpg

bb5f7229.jpg

I know things aren't exactly great in the economy, but I'm glad everyone that made the effort came out to the track.

So, it was around 7ish or something and I head back in to watch the show....

11ce3b24.jpg

85b282c0.jpg

d41a7c8a.jpg

08cbb6cc.jpg

John Kiegly contracts with Mother nature to have a beautiful sunset, the moon, and a warm night on tap for us!

ce084f2f.jpg

Look closely at the starting island....
The bowser family installed these great LED dial-in scoreboards!!!! How great!

d06fba3d.jpg

They are constantly upgrading the facility. Every time I visit, there is something improved! Awesome!

It's showtime!! Click the pics with movie frame around them for video!!!

WOW!!!! I was stunned, shocked and silent from the numbers on the board! I had to really make sure I was seeing things correctly! Yeah! MASSIVE run by Mike and team right off the trailer, first run of the night, and it'a track record!

1a8a2c0f.jpg

35978aa0.jpg

Last edited:
So I'm up in the corner bleachers, and these guys were sitting there. We got to chatting and he said his name was Bruce and that he had painted all of the track's signs.
Hey John, you make a cameo in this vid!!!
I don't know those guys, but they said hi to you during a quiet moment....check it out...

28aa549f.jpg

4cd21ddf.jpg

Anything for the shot! He's on the ground taking a pic of Rat Trap

606c10dc.jpg

Thanks for sharing Paul. Those are great. That is an event I truly would have enjoyed the bejeez out of.

So around 10ish, the altereds came back....
I had moved over to the main stands

Unfortunately, the wing popped the motor on the burnout.
Keep your eye on it:

Note the burst panel gone
f7121025.jpg

Mousie was on the microphone and apologized but also said they would be back for the reunion in October to run hard and give us a good show.

ae098b31.jpg

Last edited:

Nanook had an on-track malfunction, sorry to say

9259832e.jpg

...but the track was well cared for

d0155741.jpg

Last edited:
Another car that was hurt was the "Fast and Forty" car.
The car launched and lost traction down track, The driver got back into it so us fans could have a good show, but the motor had other ideas.
My camera started screwing up badly so I missed the big explosion. It really went Kaboom bigtime and lifted 3 if not all 4 wheels off the ground and sideways!!!!

Note how the blower is listing

899e9ffc.jpg

a274fa35.jpg

fac89998.jpg

This is our long-time announcer who always does a fantastic job

a9164e47.jpg

So, that's it friends. It was great great little event. Really enjoyed.
I hope you people looking at these pics will come out to support it next time.
We really really need to support these events, and Famoso is our last bastion for fun nitro racing!

I headed out to relax and this sign is across the street from the hotel where I stayed

cde413c0.jpg

The Teaser Pleaser gentlemen's club is also across the street from the hotel where I stayed.

a1218973.jpg

I did NOT *cough* patronize this establishment. I merely made a contribution to the local economy with some members of the opposite sex. LOL

I want to thank John Kiegly for putting this event together, all the altered racers that came out, and Famoso raceway staff.

Thanx for viewing the pics everyone, I hope you enjoyed them.

Last edited:
That last pair, awesome... the 5.6 at 273 that backed up the 5.43 from the 1st session, those two passes are as impressive as any big show pass I've seen in the last three years... and the cars 'sound' right, even on tape...
Nice watching a Nitro pass that isn't over before you blink:D

Nice three pages of posts PF Flyer....

Enjoyed the Heck outta it...

d'kid

P.S. I believe you PF... and I believe in santa, the easter bunny, and the guy that says "I'm from the government and I'm here too help":rolleyes:Love the white text

Last edited:
Really great stuff Paul.:cool: Thanks for taking all the time to do this. I wish I could have been there, but you've really helped me out with this thread. Thanks :)

Very cool coverage, pics and videos!! Thank you!!
I dont know if its the car driving the driver, or the driver driving the car, but that Fast and Forty is always driven altered style!
We are always lucky when you go to a race great pics as usual!

Just want to thank John and all the Bakersfield group for having us to there show and for the great track prep that they did, it was one of the best tracks that we have run on,looking forward to next year, and all the great fans that made it a special night for us.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back