Vid & Pics Sat Nite Nitro June 2012 Bakersfield (1 Viewer)

Nitro Member
Just a quick vid of some of the cars:

[vbtube]u2wzFAZ90gc[/vbtube]

A few crappy pics:

Crappy pics from Sat Nite Nitro Bakersfield June 2012

Notes:

We were there till 1:30 in the morning waiting for the funny car final. LOL

1st round of a Chicago style night was 8pm, 2nd scheduled for 10pm and the final at midnight. An A/fuel dragster doing some testing or licensing oiled the top end badly and the schedule fell behind a ton.

8pm is too late for 1st round. I can see that heat concerns in Bakersfield in the Summer would make 8pm an ok choice. There was a pretty damn good crowd there at 8pm! However, sh!t happens and the schedule gets pushed back so much. A ton of people went home after that 1st round.

Top Fuel Harleys are insane. That guy rode the back wheel and wheelie bars ONLY for the first 600 feet of track. The front wheel was not on the ground at all. Sorry, no video of this. :( It was effing cool as hell. crazy stuff.

The jets were great. I sat in that Smokers bleacher in the corner when they went off. Of course, that's when my camera's batteries died, so I missed epic footage. It was so awesome to be behind those jets.

The West Coast Hot Rod cars were waaaayyy fast. I didn't know they were so fast. They were very enjoyable except for the fact that they race 1/8 mile. What is this half track bullsh!t? Man, those cars have a ton of people watching them on the starting line. It's like a race from Georgia or something.

It was fun. I got some much needed nitro dosages.

`

Last edited:
A very good show indeed!
Famoso to me, is about as close to "back in the day" as you can get!
How many local tracks can pull 13 FC's for a quick 8 show!
I live in LA, I wouldn't miss the Saturday night shows!:):)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back