Pick the winners- Phoenix (1 Viewer)

That is blatant age discrimination! The rule should be anyone over age 61 (until April 15th, when I turn 62)! - :D

Daymmmm your still wet behind the ears "KID" :D And the worst thing is if your birthday IS April 15th .. its TAX DAY...one more reason to deduct points from you... :eek:

I figured that since its a game for fun then why not make sure as many people as possible can have a chance to play.

And Tim, can you low blow me any harder man, compare my game to the countdown...thats just mean:p:D
well sure i could pj...but this is the mater and some might cry:)

but, in my opinion you took something that was fun and something where the rules were pretty simple to follow, traditional, excessable and changed it. The time in which the game closes is up in the air. Maybe its midnight-maybe its 3am...its based off the mythical server space time continuem.
You changed it to be more exciting, and made it on a different website where its difficult to make picks For some people. In essence...you did exactly what NHRA did when they changed the points system. Took something that was not broken and changed it.
I am making this post from my phone, which has unlimited internet access for $10. But, i can not make my picks from this phone on your page because the browser on this phone does not upload the magic pencil to click on. I used to post daily on the MATER. Used to be in the chat room every monday, and even did play by play with Karl during the sunday eliminations for those who could not get the audiocast. I cancelled my home account a few months ago which was $50 because it was just too expensive. I guess you can say that i started the season strong, built a good points lead only to lose my lead because of losing my funding.
Last week my friend offered to post those picks on your page for me, but i cant ask him or anyone else to do that every week.
You say you want more people to be able to play, but shorter entry time will limit your entries. You said it yourself. Most people seem to forget that there is a race until friday sometime. Under your original rules how many people would have DNQ'D today? If more entries and FUN are your objective then open the parameters, dont limit them.
Since the server is on auto pilot, make the deadline midnight server time sunday morning before eliminations. That way those who want to handicap the RACE after qualifying can. Those who want to submit their entries before the EVENT starts can as well. Everybody wins.
After qualifying you have a good idea who is running well, plus you will have all 5 of your 'dogs in the hunt'

I know the countdown is something you despise...and you Hate the fact that i compared YOUR GAME to it. Dont take it personally but that argument holds water. Like you felt NHRA did when they 'changed the game' for weird reasons, i think you did the same. The game was fine. Some like it now...some do not. That is the effect when you change things. I am one of those who dont. Its just not my cup of tea. I have options...the NHRA fantasy game which is like throwing darts at a board, and the longest and most unique game (which you won last week if memory serves me correct) on deepstage which requires skill, knowledge of all classes and strategy. Just like racers who dont like NHRA and their countdown have options...IHRA, ADRL nostalgia racing, outlaw brackets...even racing in other countries.
I like you PJ, and you do some awesome work for charity like the polar plunge. But i dont have the tools needed or the desire to compete in the new game. Nothing personal at all. I wish you luck in you new game. Your just going to have to deal me out.

Timmah- if it would help, you can send me your picks and I will post them for you.

The dealine is Friday night. It appears I messed up entering the dates, in fact this weekend I will go through and check all the races as I may have made them all a day earlier than I had intended. I do agree the time warp server issue is a pain. I will try to see if I can get a more exact time.

The new site wasn't so much as a change for excitement. It does look better but more importantly it makes it allot easier to keep track off. With being back in school, working full time plus family I appreciate the work Eric did that helps in my time managemnet crisis :). We usally have at least 120 people play at some point during the season. We have already hit that 2 races in. That tells me that for some reason people do seem to like it this way.

Now unlike NHRA, if the masses do think that this isn't working I am willing to change.

UPDATE:
Deadline is set at 8 AM Central Time on the Date Posted...

If it is wanted I can set things back to what they were for the next event...Remember folks, all you have to do is tell me what needs to be fixed so I can fix it...I would like it so people with phones can play to, however I have no way to tknow what works and what doesnt...

UPDATE:
If it is wanted I can set things back to what they were for the next event...Remember folks, all you have to do is tell me what needs to be fixed so I can fix it...I would like it so people with phones can play to, however I have no way to tknow what works and what doesnt...

So what happens when I am on vacation and posting from my cell phone...? :confused:

The dealine is Friday night. It appears I messed up entering the dates, in fact this weekend I will go through and check all the races as I may have made them all a day earlier than I had intended. I do agree the time warp server issue is a pain. I will try to see if I can get a more exact time.

The new site wasn't so much as a change for excitement. It does look better but more importantly it makes it allot easier to keep track off. With being back in school, working full time plus family I appreciate the work Eric did that helps in my time managemnet crisis :). We usally have at least 120 people play at some point during the season. We have already hit that 2 races in. That tells me that for some reason people do seem to like it this way.

Now unlike NHRA, if the masses do think that this isn't working I am willing to change.

Would be good if the NHRA 2009 rules were followed here, No testing anywhere anytime, make your picks before the first Pro car goes down the track. I know this contest is for fun and bragging rights, I don't know of any other sporting event where the winners are picked after the first pitch is thrown, or after the kick off, or after the horse or dog leaves the gate.

As for forgetting about the race, everyone is now able to pick weeks in advance, they can pick 2 or 3 races at a time, then if they want, they can make changes before the first Pro car goes down the track at the next race, they can do this any day of the week. forgetting is not a reason for not having selected picks for the race any longer, now that we are able to make our picks in advance of the race:)

So what happens when I am on vacation and posting from my cell phone...? :confused:

John, according to Tim earlier in this post I believe, you cant enter your picks in from a cell phone...Like I said though, I have no idea if it works or not since I have no way to check it...

ok...nevermind I guess. I can make my picks on my cell if I use my skyfire browser. Making picks from the track Friday night is very cool, and I would hate to lose that.

Miraculously I remembered to make my picks,then I had a brain fart and posted a 4.50 something e.t. for the tie breaker thinking in 1320 terms. DOH!

I agree 100% all picks should HAVE to be in BEFORE 1st Round of Qualifying.. If you pick a horse you cant pick him after they start the race or bet on a football game in the 2nd quarter!

Rules should clearly state all picks MUST be in BEFORE Qualifying starts!! JMO

I agree with this 1000%. I have ALWAYS made my picks before qualifying has started.I've been burned a few times in past years picking a car that didn't qualify,but that's how it goes(or should go) To be able to pick after 1st or 2nd round of qualifying takes away the spirit of the game.

My picks were there Friday evening, now I can't find them. It ain't like any of them were any good anyway.

The Results are up. A pretty high scoring week for many. The Winner was 1 point off a perfect race for a 3 pro event.

Pops Panuzzo was too "Senile" to figure it out for the first race so I got 0 points even though my picks were posted (post#64) .. so I'm giving all you "KIDS" a handicap// I'll still kick Azzzz :D

PJ--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The deadline is Friday night. It appears I messed up entering the dates, in fact this weekend I will go through and check all the races as I may have made them all a day earlier than I had intended. I do agree the time warp server issue is a pain. I will try to see if I can get a more exact time.

Does this mean my picks from the first race will be counted.. as they were up well before the deadline ?

Remember.. Help those in need... especially us "Old Folks" :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back