Pick the winners- Phoenix (1 Viewer)

PJ

Staff Member
Staff member
Administrator
Nitro Member
Don't forget to set your picks.

Also if you don't see a driver listed that you want let me know and they can be added

NHRA Pick The Winners

I have opened future races so if you need to enter picks ahead of time you can.

Glad you posted a reminder...I forgot about the Winternats picks until it was too late.

PJ

I made my picks for the 1st race post # 64 was I too late.. I see I didn't get any points..

Thanks for any help..

Logged in and made my pics before I forgot. It sure looked cool to see the scroll message:

"Congrats to Angie Mcbride for winning the Winternationals"

I thought, Wow that's awesome, I didn't even know the bikes ran:D My congrats to Angie, also.

John, I believe others posting the pics they entered in the other thread started out because we couldn't see other peoples pics, and that may have been misleading and caused some confusion. It looked as though some were just posting their pics and not logging into the game and entering them toward the end. They since added a 'Member Picks' button to view others pics. I'm not PJ or Eric, but I'm guessing not knowing the user infos, there would be no way to enter the pics posted in the thread, for the ones that were not entered in the game before it timed out. If that's what happened, there's quite a few with no entries, but just a guess.:)

PJ

I posted over on the link in your sig.. but somehow dodn't get the points, however this race I'm posting at both places.. I already posted on your site..

Antron Brown

Ashley Force

Robert Hight

Greg Anderson

Jegg Coughlin

Should do it..

Rodger Brogdon has been added to the Pro Stock list

Sorry I can not change anyones.

John I do see yours on the site for the next race, good luck

Antron T/F
Ashley F/C
R Hight F/C
Greg A P/S
Kurt J P/S

3.815 A Brown

Last edited:
Has anyone figured out when the server rolls over so we know what the latest time for submitting picks is? I would very much appreciate any help here. Thanks in advance.:D:D

Okay here's my picks...until things get figured out...

Tony Schumacher
Doug Kalitta

Robert Hight

Kurt Johnson
Greg Anderson

I can't work it out either - what time is the deadline ?

just in case ...

Dixon
Hight
Del
Greg A
KJ

cheers,
Mark.

I can log in -- but it looks like the deadline has passed, it wouldn't let me change the picks I had already entered ... there is a red line across the date.

As I understand it, the deadline is midnight (server time) before the first day of qualifying. That would've been midnight (server time) last night.

Well i tried to put my picks in, but like everyone else today was not able and i do not have the luxury of having an online connection at work that can access this site, (the gov has deemed the site as harmful and blocks it) and no internet at home, and can not make picks on my phone...so i am out of the NEW AND IMPROVED Pick the winners contest.
I know your guys intention was to make it easier to work it, but honestly how can you make picks before a single car has made it down the track? That was the beauty of the old system. You could get some data from qualifying and make some logical picks. I guess thats like handicapping a horse race by just looking at the racing form, but not seeing the horses in the paddock.
Oh well.
Now i understand why you dont like the countdown PJ. It took something simple and easy and made it more complecated...
Best of luck to those who continue to play...but i just do not have the time or ability to play this game in its structure.

This is ABSOLUTE BS!!! Picks before midnite server time (whatever that is I have asked at least twice see post 17 and have not gotten the courtesy of a reply) I respect the work PJ had to do to keep everything straight but, in the effort to make it easier for him, turned this game from something that required some thought to evidently a popularity contest based on entries only. I suspect that the majority of the every event players would wish for something more like what Pick the Winners was as long as PJ could manage it more easily. In the meantime I guess I'll start hanging out at NHRA.com:(:(:(

It's PERFECT the way it is now ... maybe a cutoff at Noon on Friday would be better ..

But I think picking BEFORE they Qualify is Better for Everyone -- not everyone would have the luxury of making their picks Friday afternoon after they have qualified ...

Like picking a winner at a horse race after they have run halfway around the track ...

Great Job PJ ....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back