Photo of the Week (1 Viewer)

Nunz

Nitro Member
Cool shot from '78 Pomona over at NHRA.com. Anyone else miss Pro Comp? I know it's an AFD vs. a BAD, which we still have, but back in '78 there was such a cool mixture of cars before they became 2 alky classes.

Yes, that's the pic. My favorite old photos are of the old Pro Comp cars, especially the real low-slung BB/FCs and the AA/As.

that is a classic Winternationals picture with the the snow covered mountains as a backdrop to the race track. The snow level looked a little low that year.

I thought this was the picture of the week.
gordiesmall.jpg

Sadly, this is my photo of the week. This was the 3rd pass this past Saturday on the brand new Cavalier roadster I built for Art Hoover.

The other car came across into Art's lane and oil the track in front of him... he didn't have a chance.

crash2.sized.jpg

Looks like Sacramento put the WALLS up just in time for that one... Who is riding upside down in the distance??

Sacramento it was... and those are around the 5th & 6th cars to be wrecked there on Test-n-Tune days since the first of the year... Thank you Dave Smith. :mad:

John Ledford steel '55 Chevy S/C car was the one that is sliding on it's roof.

John's car made an abrupt right hand turn from loss of traction as it came off the stop. It went up on its side and slid into the right hand lane in front of Art. Luckily Art had his delay box set for a full tree but the track gave a Pro tree... otherwise we could have seen another Korestsky/Allen incident.

John car shattered a cast valve cover on the roll and with the engine still running it was spraying oil everywhere. Art got on the brakes but hit the oil and that sent him into the slide that shot him across the lane. There was oil on the Cavalier as if it had been hosed down by Valvoline.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back