NHRA photo of the week (1 Viewer)

Rod Hynes still owns quite a few of those motors...He ran them in his AA/FA and the h.p. made way to much power for his combo ...
K. Bernstein ran one in testing after INDY 86 w/out the body on the car..I have a bunch of photos from the session...Most runs were up in smoke...

Too bad they wont let it run now days. It would be intersting to see how it would go if someone had some $$$ to throw at devalopment. I wonder how long we will stick with pushrod nitro engines? You have to admit that internal combustion engines have come a very long way since the days of pushrods and 2 valves, yet we are still using this technology today.

Too bad they wont let it run now days. It would be intersting to see how it would go if someone had some $$$ to throw at devalopment. I wonder how long we will stick with pushrod nitro engines? You have to admit that internal combustion engines have come a very long way since the days of pushrods and 2 valves, yet we are still using this technology today.

Because if done right it would obsolete the pushrod motors. And this is coming from a guy that likes pushrods.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back