PBIR Testing ?? (1 Viewer)

I TOTALLY agree, Anthony. Can someone give a decent reason why they do that?

Sean D

The stands are in the same area of the pits. There is no logistical way to keep people out of the pit area and the staging lanes without hiring extra track workers to keep people out. That would be one reason.

Besides, AJ rented the place; his wallet, his rules.

The stands are in the same area of the pits. There is no logistical way to keep people out of the pit area and the staging lanes without hiring extra track workers to keep people out. That would be one reason.

Besides, AJ rented the place; his wallet, his rules.

As much as I hate to admit it, that's a decent point. I can't imagine it would be that much of a problem, but................

On the flip-side, seems if AJ rented the place he could bargain for some or all of the gate and test for free. Oh wait a minute, we're talking about recouping money for the Sheik.............................my bad. ;)

Sean D

...On the flip-side, seems if AJ rented the place he could bargain for some or all of the gate and test for free. Oh wait a minute, we're talking about recouping money for the Sheik.............................my bad. ;)

Sean D

Actually, part of the deal when renting a track for testing is that you CAN NOT charge an admission, but you CAN allow limited amounts of guests. I imagine that, since it was a true test, the focus was really on prep and procedure, and they didn't need the distraction of the fan base.

PF- are you in FLA??

Last edited:
The test was very good for all the teams... Darrell Gwynn and I walked around and checked in with all our buddies. I hung out with Antron for a while and the Matco car looked great and ran like a bracket car low 3.80's it was a good time watching the teams hot lap the cars with quick turnarounds.

Maybe I missed it but it seemed there was great info on the testing early on. Then, it was like someone pulled the plug and I can't find any information on the latter part of the test...........:confused:

Maybe I missed it but it seemed there was great info on the testing early on. Then, it was like someone pulled the plug and I can't find any information on the latter part of the test...........:confused:

It got warmer Mel... performance went down slightly. Nothing new to report.

It got warmer Mel... performance went down slightly. Nothing new to report.

Appreciate that Tim. It would still have been interesting to see who was getting down the hot track even if the numbers were not spectactular. I think it is pretty obvious that the runs made during the season in less than perfect conditions far outnumber the "mine shaft" runs...........oh well

Last edited:
Yeah, I was pretty worried last weekend about the ridiculousy-cold weather there, but from everything I've heard, it was a productive trip for team Kalitta. Kudos to David Grubnic for also taking the seat of Doug's car earlier in the week (first part of the week DK was wearing his "CEO hat") but got down there mid-week.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back