PreSeason Nitro Event @ PBIR (1 Viewer)

Raconteur

Nitro Member
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

DRAG RACING’S BIGGEST PRESEASON EVENT TO BE HELD AT PBIR

Jupiter, Fla. (January 10, 2011) –

Palm Beach International Raceway is excited to announce it will be hosting the inaugural Pro Winter Warm-up Friday February 4 and Saturday February 5 at the quarter-mile, all-concrete championship drag strip. The winter warm-up will be professional drag racing’s biggest preseason testing event and the only opportunity for drag racing fans in South Florida to see the sport’s biggest names.

“A number of professional drag racing teams have used our facility to test in the past few years but this year we’ve decided to step it up,” said Jason Rittenberry, president of Palm Beach International Raceway. “Usually the sessions are closed to the general public, but we’ve changed that this year. Seeing these nitro cars under the lights is an incredible experience for race fans and I’m happy the teams have agreed to invite the public to get a real taste of professional drag racing. We’ve got a great lineup of teams that will be participating.”

Professional drag racing teams already committed to participate include John Force Racing, Kenny Bernstein Racing, Kalitta Racing, Don Schumacher Racing, R2B2, Bob Tasca Racing, Morgan Lucas, Racing, Vandergriff Motorsports, Terry McMillen and Cruz Pedregon Racing.

The two-night event will feature side-by-side runs and a shootout between the two quickest Top Fuel Dragsters and the two quickest Funny Cars. Gates will open at 4 p.m. both Friday and Saturday with runs scheduled at 5 p.m. and 7 p.m.

Tickets can be purchased at the gate. No advance tickets will be offered. Adult single day tickets are $25, children 6-12 years old are $10 and children 5 and under are free. A special two-day adult ticket can be purchased for $40. Bring your ticket stub from the Nitro Jam event on January 28 or 29 and receive $5 a single day ticket.

###

Darr, I guess everyone already knew about this since nobody has posted on your thread. I'm hoping to go as there should be lots of cars getting tuned up for 2011 at this track.

Kurt

Pre-Season test sessions seldom draw a largevcrowd of spectators, the Pro's and PBIR are trying something new, hopefully it works by adding an element of competition.

Frankly, Pre-Season test sessions ARE boring. ;)

Kurt

Pre-Season test sessions seldom draw a largevcrowd of spectators, the Pro's and PBIR are trying something new, hopefully it works by adding an element of competition.

Dare, the Pre season testing they used to hold in Tucson from '99-'02? Used to pull Huge crowds!! I went in 2000 or '01 not sure and they said around 8,000! Stands were packed!!

Dare, the Pre season testing they used to hold in Tucson from '99-'02? Used to pull Huge crowds!! I went in 2000 or '01 not sure and they said around 8,000! Stands were packed!!

Jo, The Pre Season test sessions at Famoso used to be big too, so? This is 2011 and that same enthusiasm and intrigue is no longer there. Tucson, Famoso, Firebird are done with Pre Season Pro test sessions, still some at Vegas.

With so many of the Drag teams racing out of Indy now, there's no need to cross the Rockies anymore to test.

8,000 at Tucson :rolleyes:

Jo, The Pre Season test sessions at Famoso used to be big too, so? This is 2011 and that same enthusiasm and intrigue is no longer there. Tucson, Famoso, Firebird are done with Pre Season Pro test sessions, still some at Vegas.

With so many of the Drag teams racing out of Indy now, there's no need to cross the Rockies anymore to test.

8,000 at Tucson :rolleyes:

I was there, were you? Didn't think so! I have been to enough races to notice the difference between 2,000 and 8,000! Ask Reinhart, he was there!

Last edited:
I was there, were you? Didn't think so! I have been to enough races to notice the difference between 2,000 and 8,000! Ask Reinhart, he was there!

Good to know of your expert status. :rolleyes:

And yes, I have been to both Tucson and Phoenix for Pre Season test sessions in the past.

Well, it sounds like the weather will HOPEFULLY be atleast a little bit warmer this year. Even this winter its been pretty cold down there... but last year's session was brutal from everything I heard. Alot of race teams were disappointed with the ridiculous temperatures and didn't get much out of it

Kurt

Darr, I've never been to one of the pre-season test sessions, but have had friends and a brother attend the testing at Firebird several years ago and they would vouch for the fact that they can be boring. Firebird still wanted $10.00 for parking as I recall, besides the admission cost of $15.00 or $25.00 so it was really disappointing for some. Watching short squirts checking out the clutch is not my idea of a good time either, although if you can get up close and chat with the teams it can be much more relaxed than going to a National event.

Darr, I've never been to one of the pre-season test sessions, but have had friends and a brother attend the testing at Firebird several years ago and they would vouch for the fact that they can be boring. Firebird still wanted $10.00 for parking as I recall, besides the admission cost of $15.00 or $25.00 so it was really disappointing for some. Watching short squirts checking out the clutch is not my idea of a good time either, although if you can get up close and chat with the teams it can be much more relaxed than going to a National event.
We were at PBIR watching testing back in january 2009 and I thought it was a pretty good way to spend a day. Granted, I'm from up northern Europe and hadn't seen any live racing since mid-september the year before but among others, Dixon and Schumacher were duking it out running low 3.8s. IIRC.

Regards
PiPPi

With the exception of the first couple of years they had pre-season testing (2003 was fantastic), the pre-season testing weekends at LVMS used to frustrating too ... lots of time with nothing going down the track ... lots of 60ft and 330ft squirts ... some pro teams there not making any hits at all ... then you would read about all the great numbers being run on Monday and Tuesday when no spectators were there to watch. The last year of the Pro Stock showdown (2009) there were no nitro cars making hits on the weekend. I do not expect any nitro cars here this year, as there were none in 2010. At least parking is free at LVMS ...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back