PBIR Swan Song? (2 Viewers)

when you get most of the touring cars at one track, making laps for more than one day, and the drivers have time for the fans, you have an entertainment event
about 90% the same as a national event......PBIR ran a great test and allowed fans to participate for a couple years. pretty much an additional nat. event in south FL
for the folks down there. it's too bad it's all gone. a quality non-nat. event track in non-nat. event location made it even better.

A couple things about PBIR.

Some found the racing surface to be a bit temperamental.

From a logistics stand point, it makes more sense to go West and test at a track on that is on the NHRA scheduled. Plus the first race of the season is just a few hours of a drive away.

A couple things about PBIR.

Some found the racing surface to be a bit temperamental.

From a logistics stand point, it makes more sense to go West and test at a track on that is on the NHRA scheduled. Plus the first race of the season is just a few hours of a drive away.
Temperamental is good word for it. I've been there with three different fuel cars and for sure the way the rubber adhered to the surface was completely unique. I'm guessing that is the environmental affect of it literally being built over a swamp. I will say this though, I have never been down a track as smooth as PBIR. It was like driving on glass.

I live just right down the street from the track (18 miles) and have been there many times. When I ran around with the Rosbergs (Dick & Terry) with their Jet Dragster they both commented that it's one of the smoothest tracks they've ever run on. The track could have been a NHRA facility if they had room to expand, being on a peninsula in the middle of a swamp negated that. Auction of all the drag strip's assets is next month, the end is near.

Toyota leased the track Friday for a photo shoot of the new Supra comparing it to the Funny Car. The street Supra is JR's daily driver and with both him and his car already down here they bought the Funny Car down for the shoot and as a bonus, they got to make a couple of test laps in front of over 100 Toyota people in attendance. Yea his Supra has a BMW engine and the Funny Car has a hemi, so what?

Forgot to mention, the track's schedule only has events scheduled until the end of March. Scuttlebutt down here is the closing on the property is April 1. I'm going to the Auction next month to observe.

Yea his Supra has a BMW engine and the Funny Car has a hemi, so what?
My coded point was, the Supra shares quite a bit from the BMW M4. Engine, transmission and chassis. So much so the Supra gets sent to BMW for service. Not my taste in sports cars, but still a nice car.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back