PBIR Last Lap (1 Viewer)

Sorry Bob, didn't mean to hit the disagree button. Was trying for the sad image. sigh Sucks that another track closes. I hate that Wild Horse is closing, but have been going to that track since 1985, so lotsa memories.

All of the local media down here is talking about the zoning meeting coming up in September and how the local drag racers are going to try and save the track, waste of time. Like it says in the press release, it's over. Bottom line, IRG no longer wanted to be in the drag racing business.

IRG also owns the IHRA, wonder what's going to happen there?

Update on PBIR: Grandstands are being dismantled as I type this, heading across the state to Bradenton.

Very sad. Thankfully Atlantic Farms is going to be announcing their location soon, supposedly going to be located just 20 minutes from where PBIR used to be.

atlantic farms in west palm.......hope they can make it happen. will be interesting to follow. can't seem to find any info on the land the group is looking at.

Atlantic Farms?
Yep. Atlantic Farms Motorsports Park. Dumb name, but I don’t care what they call it as long as people have a place to race.
atlantic farms in west palm.......hope they can make it happen. will be interesting to follow. can't seem to find any info on the land the group is looking at.
There is a HUGE swath of land available for sale all along the beeline hwy aka SR-710. Amazon bought some to use for a fulfillment center. Atlantic Farms is supposed to be 900 acres. Let’s hope it actually gets built.

There's too dam many reference's of Bee-Line and Drag Strips together. It always get me confused. LOL😩
I know what you mean Harry. I live in Florida now, but grew up in Phoenix/Tempe, AZ and Beeline Dragway on Beeline Hwy in Scottsdale was my home track. I bracket raced there for a couple years and always attended the AHRA national events as well as many other smaller events, especially nighttime Funny Car match race events. Was so ironic to find out PBIR was on Beeline Hwy just outside West Palm Beach the 1st time I attended there. Reminded me of the old days.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back