Funny Car Chaos (1 Viewer)

i hope they line them all up on strip for a photo like this. pretty good publicity for series IMO.

Attachments

• ocir1973.jpg
    ocir1973.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 80
I am on my second year subscribing to Flo. Last year was for the sprint car races this year with them carrying drag races I find my self just turning it on in the morning and l watch drag racing all day and sprint cars at night. The $150.00 subscription for one year I used to pay for only 3 or 4 events.
I really enjoy Flo and feel like I get my $150 worth within the first month. Lots of great stuff, especially for dirt track lovers. Looking forward to this weekends coverage.

Just when I thought I couldn’t like Wilk more.

At last count there are 70 Funny Cars registered to participate.

From the NHRA TAFC side: Kyle Smith, Chip Beverett, Ray Drew, Bill Bernard, Mark Billington, Ray Martin (in the 2nd Worsham car)

From the NHRA FC side: Del Worsham, Craig Simpson, Terry Haddock, Scott Palmer (the margarita maker is on site).

Guessing 18 or so Fuel Altereds.

Looking like a fun weekend in Texas.

At last count there are 70 Funny Cars registered to participate.

From the NHRA TAFC side: Kyle Smith, Chip Beverett, Ray Drew, Bill Bernard, Mark Billington, Ray Martin (in the 2nd Worsham car)

From the NHRA FC side: Del Worsham, Craig Simpson, Terry Haddock, Scott Palmer (the margarita maker is on site).

Guessing 18 or so Fuel Altereds.

Looking like a fun weekend in Texas.
Terry Totten will be driving a big show FC as well. They were supposed to do some NHRA races with it as well but not sure if those plans have changed.

Did I read this correctly? It pays only $6000 to win? I read somewhere else that It was $30,000. Which is correct?

Graves has it structured where it isn't a "winner take all", and everyone else goes home with nothing, type of deal. All the participants, first round losers, etc get some reasonable $$ to help pay expenses. That's why the winner's purse is pretty small. Remember, there isn't much money to be made by the promoter if this deal is a success, and he can loose his ass if no one shows up, or if it rains.

I caught the Funny Car Chaos at CENTRAL ILLINOIS DRAGWAY in Havana, IL back in 2019. I had never heard of the track before nor had been to an 1/8 track to watch a race. They put on a good show and it was cool to see the older funny car body styles, had a swell time.

My video from the first half of the day:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back