Funny Car Chaos (1 Viewer)

Notch1320

BerserkoBob
Nitro Member
With over 64 Funny Cars already entered it looks like the Funny Car Chaos race at the Texas Motorplex in a few weeks will be the largest Funny Car race in a long, long time. From what I heard last weekend at PBIR a former NHRA Funny Car champ might be a last-minute entry. Wish I could be there...

the recent DSN in orlando, the two big class combo races coming up in valdosta and st. louis, and this FC chaos race at motorplex. some big deal stuff happening out there.
i agree bob, this race in texas is shaping up to be quite a race :cool:

Wasn't Funny Car Chaos originally created for the Nostalgia FCs?
Worsham's car looks like it belongs in the Big Show. Is it a fiberglass body, or carbon fiber?
Check out the car on the home page of the Funny Car Chaos web site: https://funnycarchaos.com/index.html
I'd hate to see the relatively low-buck teams, who put on a great show, get pushed to the side by those teams with deeper pockets.

Wasn't Funny Car Chaos originally created for the Nostalgia FCs?
Worsham's car looks like it belongs in the Big Show. Is it a fiberglass body, or carbon fiber?
Check out the car on the home page of the Funny Car Chaos web site: https://funnycarchaos.com/index.html
I'd hate to see the relatively low-buck teams, who put on a great show, get pushed to the side by those teams with deeper pockets.
As not to discourage any participants from entering the competition whether it be a state of the art big show car or a NFC maybe in the future (2022) they could run both classes. Just food for thought.

As not to discourage any participants from entering the competition whether it be a state of the art big show car or a NFC maybe in the future (2022) they could run both classes. Just food for thought.
Keep in mind that this track will not have a national event grade track prep and they're only running to the 1/8th mile marker. The track will be the great equalizer.

Can't say because I don't know. As stated on their web page (I can't find a page with rules);

- Run Whatcha' Brung Outlaw Funny Car Drag Racing Series -
Putting the 'FUN' back in Funny Car racing! Any body style and engine combination is permitted at Funny Car Chaos, as we emphasize safety first and the entertainment value and character of the most popular and identifiable drag racing vehicle on the planet, Funny Cars!
Huge burnouts, dry hops, back up girls, side by side nitro action! Funny Car Chaos has it all...

Found on the Procedures page;

ENGINE, BODY STYLE, FUEL, WEIGHT, ETC:
Any engine combination may be used in competition. Any body style may be used in competition. The body must be of 'flip top' style raising from the front and secured to the back of the chassis and must also 'encompass the front wheels' (no open wheel Fiat style bodies permitted and are considered 'altereds'). Body must have functional windshield. Any transmission, timing or clutch application aid, traction control device or computer aided performance controlling device is permitted. Any fuel is permitted including nitrous assistance. Any vehicle weight is permitted.

Keep in mind that this track will not have a national event grade track prep and they're only running to the 1/8th mile marker. The track will be the great equalizer.

Which I believe was, and is, the whole premise of Funny Car Chaos.

Hey Bob, Floracing is already very huge in my other world of racing....dirt. They have and will do live streaming from the track I announce, Talladega, they did the Ice Bowl in January.

TopFuel@Lions
Talladega Announcer

Just announced that the race will be streamed here:

I figured if you timed it right, to save money you would only have to pay for four months, but there is one hitch. When I was reading reviews for their Android App, numerous individuals were saying even though they make it appear you can pay monthly, you get charged the $150 yearly fee. They also stated they called customer service and were not given a refund.

I figured if you timed it right, to save money you would only have to pay for four months, but there is one hitch. When I was reading reviews for their Android App, numerous individuals were saying even though they make it appear you can pay monthly, you get charged the $150 yearly fee. They also stated they called customer service and were not given a refund.

Hey Mike. Early last year the previous previous streaming service, Speedvideo, would let you purchase a one month subscriptions. When FloRacing took over in the Spring, that policy stopped and you had to buy the entire season for $150. I decided to get it this year, so I'm pleased that Funny Car Chaos inked a deal with them. The Mid-West Drag Racing Series is now on MAV TV. My cable provider does not support it. But this weekend and this weekend only, the stream will be free. Q1, Q2 and eliminations will be on MAVTV Plus Facebook page and Q3 & Q4 will be on Bangshift. Link to MAVTV Plus Facebook page: https://ppv.gigcasters.com/embed/LOPMRS_DragRacing_20210319.html. Link to Bangshift: https://bangshift.com/bs-productions-live-broadcast-page/

Headed down to Ennis Friday morning. Should be a great show. Kind of throw back to the OCIR 64 Funny Car shows for me. I love that they have partnered with Outlaw Fuel Altereds as well.

Flo racing live feed is way over priced. They claim you can pay for one event but then charge your credit card the $150 for the year. Be careful
I am on my second year subscribing to Flo. Last year was for the sprint car races this year with them carrying drag races I find my self just turning it on in the morning and l watch drag racing all day and sprint cars at night. The $150.00 subscription for one year I used to pay for only 3 or 4 events.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back