PBIR bad news! (1 Viewer)

Because some parents are pretty clueless about what makes safe (or for that matter, unsafe) racing conditions. The kart track at PBIR is pretty intense- and probably too much for the skills of most 9 year olds.

Sad to hear about anyone being injured, especially a kid (mine races Jrs). But you're right- at some point there was a lawyer in a hospital lounge discussing the "negilgence" of PBIR with the greiving parents. Where the track may be in trouble is if there was a tech inspection issue that slipped through- note the report also said they were suing the kart motor company. Maybe the motor hung open, causing the kid to lose control? And the tech guys missed something like a return spring that should have been on or a functioning kill switch?

I'm interested in the recovery of the kid and where this case ends up gong. Wishing everyone the best recovery....

Last edited:
Because some parents are pretty clueless about what makes safe (or for that matter, unsafe) racing conditions. The kart track at PBIR is pretty intense- and probably too much for the skills of most 9 year olds.

It's also pretty new... How bad a shape could it possibly be in?

I'd like to know how many times they raced there before this happened back in May. I can't imagine this was their first time out...

I also hope the boy continues to recover...

It's also pretty new... How bad a shape could it possibly be in?

I'd like to know how many times they raced there before this happened back in May. I can't imagine this was their first time out...

I also hope the boy continues to recover...

The condition of the track is not the only criteria for unsafe racing conditions... As I mentioned, tech inspectors that may have glazed over some of the stuff that may have prevented a mechanical failure; actual track conditions such as leaves or moisture (did parents walk the track or just send Junior out on a hot lap?);or the worst- inattentive, inexperienced safety crew -you know within 3 minutes of talking to them and seeing how they are organized. Kiddo and I ride down to the top end on race day morning to check out the turnouts and say hi to the safety folks. And you always hope on Sunday that the Saturday night has worn off...;)

PBIR is a pretty nice facility, but the surface isn't the only thing to consider when going to ANY track.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back