Paul Page (1 Viewer)

Is it just me or did I hear "due to time restraints....." at least 20 times during the broadcast, usually followed by 12 commercials ?

I hope the show gets a set of new plugs before Indy .......;)

Mark.

Is it just me or did I hear "due to time restraints....." at least 20 times during the broadcast, usually followed by 12 commercials ?

I hope the show gets a set of new plugs before Indy .......;)

Mark.

Mark,

ESPN's Indy show isn't that important, as will be there to catch all of the action!! :D :D

Just thought I would rub it in!!

Cheers,

Jr

I really miss Marty and am looking forward to him being back. He and Mike Dunn were really starting to Gel and played off each other great!!!!:)
I thought so too until some of the "Old Maters" hurt his feelings and ran him off! :eek:

Seriously though, It will be good to have Mike and Marty back together for the remainder of the season!

Last edited:
Just dawned on me....
ESPN is treating Drag Racing like every other sport broadcast... A play by play guy and the 'color' guy...

Difference with drag racing is that a 4 to 7 second run doesn't need play by play, it needs two color guys who know what they are talking about...
The mouth doesn't catch up with the mind on a 4.5 second run or even a 6.77 pro stock pass.

Play by play... Green, left lane smokes them, right lane wins....

Color guy: .882 60ft time, in the left lane, at 1.2 as the clutch comes in, DG starts to rattle the tires, grabs the brakes, but it's too late, and he fries the hides, peddles it three times and by the time he recovers it too late.

In the right lane, DB runs a soft .905 60ft. and the car just doesn't seem to be pulling hard as running 253 at the 660 mark shows... DB got away with one here...

So which do we need?

Marty Reid did the local news sportscast here in Columbus. I recall him doing a decent job.
The days of Steve Evans and Dave McClelland spoiled me.
Anyone remember Eli Gold? I vaguely remember him, but for those that do...well, this could get ugly.
:eek:

Even Marty screws up :)

Was watching the IRL race Sunday, there was a small crash and Marty tells the viewers that the "Delphi Safety Safari" was on the scene! Had to chuckle :D

Paul Page was the #2 man for the Indy 500 for many years. There was a pretty famous announcer (The voice of the Indianapolis 500) that covered the race for many, many years. His name escapes me right now but I know someone out there can help me with that. Anyway, when that dude retired, Paul became the aforementioned "voice" of the Indy race & it was a big, big deal at that time. His fortunes rose but with the split of the open wheel circuit I saw less & less of Paul & kinda forgot about him 'til he was chosen by ESPN to cover the NHRA races. In my opinion he just doesn't fit & I'm real glad to see Marty coming back, especially in time for "our" Indy.
Welcome back Marty & let the good times roll once again.:D ................."HIP"

Paul Page was the #2 man for the Indy 500 for many years. There was a pretty famous announcer (The voice of the Indianapolis 500) that covered the race for many, many years. His name escapes me right now but I know someone out there can help me with that.
Tom Carnegie?

There is a god in heaven.......I will get to watch a race this weekend! :D

I CANT STAND PAUL just in case anyone didnt know.

So Marty is back for the rest of the season? Tell me its true I really hate to tune in to find Chief Wiggum in the booth. :(

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back