Paul Page (1 Viewer)

house

Nitro Member
Is anyone else getting tired of Mike Dunn covering for his announcing partner?
I know Page has been criticized here before, but geeezzzz, he got on my nerves yesterday. He seems to miss the obvious stuff, and then Dunn jumps in and says something to explain it. ESPN might do better to give Dunn a raise and pay the rest of the money to one of the pro guys/girls who DNQ'ed and let the two of them announce the race. I'm sorry for the rant, but the guy gets on my nerves.

Paul did say at least twice during the broadcast that Marty Reid will be back next week in Memphis.

For some, that will seem a good thing, for others, it may not be an occasion worth celebrating.

Personally, I don't think I'll miss Paul, but have to admit he did get a bit better as time went on. Yesterday, however, wasn't his best performance. Ah, well. If I get three hours of coverage next week, I'll be happy.

I could sworn that early in the Sun. broadcast That Paul Page called Mike Dunn, Ron.Did any one else hear it?(my hearing is not soo good,what I hear is not always what was said.keeps my wife amused)

nope, PP hasn't gotten significantly better...maybe he knows how to say what the E.T. was now, but it's still seems to me that he has no interest in being there...

and when Force got beat, OMG Page sounded like the Hindenburg just caught fire or something...

it seems like they're trying to make it harder and harder to enjoy the coverage of the NHRA on TV <shrug>

Hey Maters,

The Paul Page Experience (Experiment) is over for this year!

Don't all clap at once.

Marty should be onboard for the rest of the years broadcasts. Woohoo !@!!

Wonder whether Paul's NHRA broadcast contract is gonna be renewed? :rolleyes:

I was getting used to him, and I agree with Kris Hill, he was getting better, but still had aways to go.

Hey Maters,

The Paul Page Experience (Experiment) is over for this year!

Don't all clap at once.

Marty should be onboard for the rest of the years broadcasts. Woohoo !@!!

Wonder whether Paul's NHRA broadcast contract is gonna be renewed? :rolleyes:

I was getting used to him, and I agree with Kris Hill, he was getting better, but still had aways to go.

And now, ALL the marty bashers can warm up their keyboards.:rolleyes:

While I think he slightly improved, he still called numerous racers the wrong name, and he did what, at least 10 races this year, and there are only 20+ pros per class...

Welcome back Marty.

I am surprised that PP is not better than he is being that he used to announce NHRA for NBC back in the early '90s.

I would guess the announcers do whatever ESPN tells them to do. I know like Jamie Little covers the XGames and also Great Outdoor Games, I thought Paul Page did announcing for like IRL or Cart or one of them open wheel racing series, anyone know? I thought his voice sounded familiar when he came over to NHRA.
I await Marty's return, I like him a lot better and he actually knows something about NHRA and doesn't try and make it up as he goes.

You have to admit that it is a little funny that the announcer for the qualifying show seemed more than a little confused by the qualifying process:)

No I don't think he got better.. maybe you just had an extra few Bud Lights before the broadcast :D

Now, I take great offense to that.

I wouldn't pour a Bud Light down my throat unless my life absolutely depended upon it.

I think, however, there a couple fewer hefeweizens in my fridge...;)

Seriously, though, the shortened broadcast combined with Paul this Sunday made me very grumpy indeed.

Thank goodness I get to see another race live this year.

And I guess I might as well admit it: I like Marty Reid, regardless of what any of you mean ole Maters might say. Heh.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back