Excellent ESPN Coverage (1 Viewer)

rocketman

Nitro Member
Just been watching the first round of coverage from Indy and I think it's the best drag racing TV production I have ever seen. Flawless from start to finish and makes the sport look very professional. Good job Mike Dunn, Paul Page, Gary Gerold, NHRA and ESPN!

caught most of the "midnight" show early yesterday...
watched first round of the shootout yesterday, then turned the TV off...
have not turned on the TV today...

might catch the show tonight... don't know if I will or not... depends on the next round

d'kid

Paul said the way the way the sandtrap is set up was only temporary. This true? And why would they take it down?

We don't get the coverage until later today (it's 4.26 Tuesday morning here at the moment...), but this weekend is the first I've watched the NHRA coverage on the ESPN HD channel over here in Australia and I can't believe the quality, just brilliant. If you don't have it, get it!

I thought the segment with the national anthem was first rate. I don't care if it's in person, on the audiocast, or on TV, there's nothing like a good rendition of the National Anthem followed by those nitro cars firing up.

They should produce every telecast like the US Nat's. The National Anthem, etc... produces that extra excitement.

Is it just me. I thought the guy singing the National Anthem was HORRIBLE!
Now don't get me wrong, I love the the idea of the singing the Anthem then firing up the first pair.I just did not EVEN like that guys singing.

They should produce every telecast like the US Nat's. The National Anthem, etc... produces that extra excitement.

Yep and the good stories like the ones with Snake, Force and WJ. I would much rather watch a 3 hour show with that stuff as filler instead of replaying each rounds highlights 4 times over.

I thought the segment with the national anthem was first rate. I don't care if it's in person, on the audiocast, or on TV, there's nothing like a good rendition of the National Anthem followed by those nitro cars firing up.

ABSOLUTELY agree!!!!
It's my favorite moment of any event.

It was great telecast with the story telling.
I am not used to so many hours of telecast and actually missed a few.:eek:

Jenn, I agree that was a very nice touch. And for someone watching it at home, it appears that NHRA (the sport) is in pretty good shape right now.

and that is my only complaint about the entire telecast. when the anthem ended, Paul started talking, instead of pausing for 5 seconds and letting us just listen to the cars firing. that kept if from being perfect.

but it still gave me chills.. just like it does every time.

That guy singing the National Anthemn today was almost as bad as the guy who sang at the Fontana NECKCAR race last night.

That guy singing the National Anthemn today was almost as bad as the guy who sang at the Fontana NECKCAR race last night.

Lol. Chris I think it was the Seattle race this year, that had the lady sing both the Canadian and National... That was painful. I thought Carl Lewis was bad, but she took the cake!

I did think he sounded better on TV than on the audiocast but I didn't think it was horrible.

Still made my chest puff out with pride :D

Lol. Chris I think it was the Seattle race this year, that had the lady sing both the Canadian and National... That was painful. I thought Carl Lewis was bad, but she took the cake!

No kidding. I turned to the person next to me at Seattle and asked "who's strangling the cat?" :p

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back