Paul Page on Mike Dunn (1 Viewer)

Paul may be a nice guy and did a nice write up on Dunn, but he should be doing golf and not drag racing. He still makes so many mistakes and never shows any enthusiasm at the appropriate times. He may be knowledgeable about drag racing, but it never comes across live. Taped segments he is good at. The live play-by-play is where he is lacking. Still wish we had Marty or someone of his caliber back.

Paul may be a nice guy and did a nice write up on Dunn, but he should be doing golf and not drag racing. He still makes so many mistakes and never shows any enthusiasm at the appropriate times. He may be knowledgeable about drag racing, but it never comes across live. Taped segments he is good at. The live play-by-play is where he is lacking. Still wish we had Marty or someone of his caliber back.
I'm stickin with paul..because that's who we have.

I cringe on occasion..but man..the guy is trying..and for that I'm backing him.

Marty got wacked here the first couple years he was doing it..and so did Mike in the beginning.

That was a nice write up about Dunn. As far as Page goes, I think he's gotten much better; however he doesn't give the viewer the same sense of excitement that Reid did/does.
My $.02

Last edited:
nice article.
will hold my criticism to this........
if paul is first to speak at conclusion of run??? as it seems to me he is,
he needs to start recogizing a great performance as it happens; i believe
for both antron's 3.70 and joe's 3.74, he was first to comment.
although those times were probably not true, we did not know it at that
second, and any announcer should have been full of emotion; if memory
recalls, i think we had to wait for mike to inform of the outstanding
performances.

The last poster pretty much summed up the way Paul announces. He has NOT improved. I actually found a tape from the second race he did for NHRA and it is basically the same. :mad:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back