Mike Dunn (1 Viewer)

I'm curious to see what plans and ideas Mike has to help grow IHRA in such a way as to compete with the NHRA. Love it or hate it, the majority of the sponsorship money and interest is over with the NHRA and it's going to take some pretty drastic and aggressive ideas to put a dent in that.

I don't know much, and I'm sure there are folks here who'd be willing to correct me if I misspeak, but I'm pretty certain Jason Miller at MDIR almost single-handedly built the IDBL series - it's huge and it gets bigger at every event. Also, MDIR holds the season ending World Cup Finals (Import vs. Domestic) in early November and it draws a crowd like I've never seen at the Creek. The pits are crowded like the streets of New Orleans during Mardi-Gras - it's insanely popular. Just my $0.02, but Mike may wanna consider spending some time talking to Jason & Royce to get some ideas.

There are so many sponsors that aren't in the NHRA that there's plenty of room for a rival association to grow if it can create the right business model. I wish Mike the best. IMO he has a far better chance of succeeding than Billy Meyer, as Billy owned IHRA at the time and had the financial burden, Mike doesn't.

There are so many sponsors that aren't in the NHRA that there's plenty of room for a rival association to grow if it can create the right business model.
I agree wholeheartedly, Nunzio... and you hit the nail on the head when you said, "the right business model." Gotta think outside the box a little, in my opinion. I, too, wish Mike nothing but success in his new venture, if for no other reason than competition is a good thing & the NHRA hasn't had any real competition in quite a while.

. . . Gotta think outside the box a little, in my opinion. . .

I'm not a fan of Street Outlaws but if Mike Dunn and the IHRA do need something outside the box to make a splash and initiate spectator/sponsor competition that might fit the bill.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back