Parity In Classes? (1 Viewer)

Rat

Nitro Member
Do not take light of the current environment and who has what and who doesn't. I present 2 questions and this goes for the alcohol classes, bike, and mod.

What would you do with the rules and how much of an advantage would you allow any team before there is a update to the rules that levels the different combos? Meaning how big of a performance gap (result of r & d) would you allow a team to have before the reset button gets pressed.

Why does Pro-mod work so well with all the different motor and car types? Turbo, Nitrous, Supercharged, Parity seems to work fine there as well as in the alcohol classes. Why can't this be adapted as a model for PSM?

I only ask about PSM because I dont feel V&H is at fault or bought the class rulebook. I feel that it must be about the NHRA being Naive. If the parity in the class was fixed and stays well balanced it would not matter who the hell had what. Graham Light not doing his job?

Patrick, This deal with the P/S Harley Davidsons has been explained to you over, and over, and over and you still don't seem to understand what the problem really is, if I thought you would get it if I explaned it again I would be happy to do so but like most others on this site I finally had to admit " You just don't get it!":confused:

...........I feel that it must be about the NHRA being Naive. If the parity in the class was fixed and stays well balanced it would not matter who the hell had what. Graham Light not doing his job?
.....Speaking of naive, how about Harley Davidson being the OFFICIAL motorcycle of the NHRA, and all of the $$$ that goes along with that?:eek: Harley couldn't stand not being able to have a presence in the NHRA competiton years ago, so they stepped up with an open checkbook and did something about it.

Auto manufacturers aren't throwing cash at the sanctioning body.;)

Last edited:
If you want true parity in PRO classes then BOTH compeditors should run by the samre rules. Min. weight + same intake style. Blower vs blower or nitrous vs nitrous or turbo vs turbo.

A/F should not be in TAD.

Remember the early PS days?? changing rules all the time?? When they (nhra) went to a Min lbs + max CU. IN. = problem solved.

Patrick, This deal with the P/S Harley Davidsons has been explained to you over, and over, and over and you still don't seem to understand what the problem really is, if I thought you would get it if I explaned it again I would be happy to do so but like most others on this site I finally had to admit " You just don't get it!":confused:

Thank you Paul for CLEARLY reading what was typed and not just going back to the issue that has no part here! I get all of it and if you wanna stir the pot more go back to the other thread. This thread had nothing to do with the accusations you guys wanna stir up to V&H when it's the NHRA's issue. What's your reading comprehension? You certainly missed one of the biggest points "If the parity in the class was fixed and stays well balanced it would not matter who the hell had what. Graham Light not doing his job?"

Last edited:
.....Speaking of naive, how about Harley Davidson being the OFFICIAL motorcycle of the NHRA, and all of the $$$ that goes along with that?:eek: Harley couldn't stand not being able to have a presence in the NHRA competiton years ago, so they stepped up with an open checkbook and did something about it.

Auto manufacturers aren't throwing cash at the sanctioning body.;)

I'm not commenting on something no one really knows the truth on, you guys can speculate all you want. I dont feel it was bought, but I do feel maybe the NHRA is LAZY is adjust the rules because of all the money they get the HD. I feel NHRA pressured themselves to make sure HD is well represented when they are really overly represented. I blame the NHRA and nobody other than that. I blame the NHRA because I REFUSE to blame HD and V&H so who else can I blame? I don't know how you guys are so sold on the blame to be pointed at V&H and H&D.

I am sick and tired of being called an idiot, stupid, or naive all because I don't wanna blame the parties everyone thinks should be blamed. The ones that keep thinking I need to understand this or lack the understanding some education. There is nothing more to understand about this. Wake the hell up and blame the NHRA and quit accusing the teams or the sponsor.

NHRA takes the check, I don't believe the check comes with an order to write the rulebook. Again, I think the NHRA lacks the balls to properly mandate the class due to the fact that they think a change in their dominance may change the value of the check and that really would not surprise me because they are motivated by $.

If you want true parity in PRO classes then BOTH compeditors should run by the samre rules. Min. weight + same intake style. Blower vs blower or nitrous vs nitrous or turbo vs turbo.

A/F should not be in TAD.

Remember the early PS days?? changing rules all the time?? When they (nhra) went to a Min lbs + max CU. IN. = problem solved.

Exactly. The only way to truly eliminate these issues are to split the classes up, but the NHRA has proved parity can work because it's proven in pro-mod. TAD is coming around.

Last edited:
I hear that Paul. Atleast with Franklin it was really only one topic over and over again mainly and not every single thread no matter the topic.

Thanks for being an a class you can fill in the blank. I can always count on you. I rather be part of a board where you dont have to kiss ass to get people to like you. I choose to be hated than to have to kiss ass and agree. Wbat's the point of having a board if everyone only wants to agree and discuss opinons on issue that share the same view of your own.

The minute this site gets any personality and colorful topic some SOB's on here just hate people over an opinion and devour someone over the chance that they get a fact wrong like I just did with the IHRA. I believe they did have them split up at somepoint. I could be completely wrong.

Last edited:
Thanks for being an a class you can fill in the blank. I can always count on you. I rather be part of a board where you dont have to kiss ass to get people to like you. I choose to be hated than to have to kiss ass and agree. Wbat's the point of having a board if everyone only wants to agree and discuss opinons on issue that share the same view of your own.

The minute this site gets any personality and colorful topic some SOB's on here just hate people over an opinion and devour someone over the chance that they get a fact wrong like I just did with the IHRA. I believe they did have them split up at somepoint. I could be completely wrong.

Patrick, if you think I'm a kiss ass, well thats hilarious. Shows what you know. Hope you dont write a Justin League stat book. And by the way, I dont hate you.

I do have a question for you though. Have you actually ever been to a NHRA national event?

Yes plenty in fact and I thank you all for derailing this thread. You guys can take all the cheap little shot at me that you want, but I have one question for you. What does my stat book (that people love to take shots at) have to do with me and national events or my opinion on this V&H issue? All I did was state my opinion on that yesterday and it's like i insulting everyone's mother just for saying how I felt. It's truly insane.

I have more than enough knowledge of the sport for my book and I don't understand how you guys can my knowledge of the sport based on my opinions. Just because you say 2+2 = 4 and I may say 3+1 = 4 does not mean that I'm wrong or stupid. I am opinated, I have a right to be. The most inaccurate thing I said was confusing that the IHRA ran supercharged and nitrous in different classes. Give me a break and stop insulting me or whatever you like to call it all because I post what I think. I'm allowed to be wrong, I'm allowed to be right. I'm a decent person and I hate no one and I dont hate anyone on here, but if you give me an excessive hard time, you'll get one back.

if "parity" is the goal then go to a spec engine/chassis/car and call it a day

...for me what makes drag racing interesting is VARAITY, the more combination that fit into a class the better...

(and IMO the single CID/single weight rule beat most of the interest out of Pro Stock; it is just a parade of nearly identical cars running nearly identical E.T.s, again IMO that is the opposite of interesting)

if "parity" is the goal then go to a spec engine/chassis/car and call it a day

...for me what makes drag racing interesting is VARAITY, the more combination that fit into a class the better...

(and IMO the single CID/single weight rule beat most of the interest out of Pro Stock; it is just a parade of nearly identical cars running nearly identical E.T.s, again IMO that is the opposite of interesting)

That brings up a good point because what you say about PS kinda can sum up TF and FC as well, yet people commonly dont see them as "spec" anything. Now when Anderson had his dominant run in the class that was the most performance gap we have seen since. Now he was accused of cheating, but he was well within rules and r & d prevailed.

Now I am taking into account what Dean Murdoch wrote to me last night, how the improvement gains availible for the suzuki's are so minimal it almost doesn't make a difference. Now of course this is not as simple an issue as in pro-stock and please refrain from telling me it's about the evil powers allowing V&H to have special equipment because I think I made it clear that I understand the situation and that it's NHRA's problem.

What is stopping the NHRA from taking the neccessary action to make this class competitively equal? They are about 9 months late on a parity update. It is alarming how easily dominant V&H was this weekend. 3rd can't be the new 1st, 1st has to be achievable to all no matter what bike type or setup they run. It should not matter who has what because parity would level it. I feel the NHRA uses alot more of a stiffer arm in Pro-Mod than PSM with parity and I think it's because they fear HD would write a smaller check if they leveled it and the truth may be HD may write the same check.

Last edited:
Please add Parity to the list of items that have helped to drive spectators away from NHRA Drag Racing on multiple levels.

Why not make it easy, give everyone who enters a participation Wally keychain fob!

Please add Parity to the list of items that have helped to drive spectators away from NHRA Drag Racing on multiple levels.

In the only classes that matter to MOST spectators, Funny Car and Top Fuel, there is rules parity (which is what we are talking about here, rules). There are no "one off" combinations only available to one team. The big, well funded teams obviously have an advantage, but their advantage is people and parts inventory, not the rule book. So I will disagree with you Darr that parity is keeping fans away. Now whether some folks are turned off by the same few teams winning most of the events is a different story for a different thread.

I also disagree that NHRA needs to create more classes, there are too many now as it is. It is fine that A/Fuel and TAD run together, it would be ludicrous for NHRA to create seperate classes for cars that run within a few hundredths of each other, and to the untrained eye, look pretty much the same. Besides, the car counts are not high enough to support A/Fuel and TAD as seperate classes. Who would fund them as seperate classes for event and championship purses?

Pro Mod is the same ... the turbo deal will eventually be reeled back in so that the blown cars and nitrous cars will be competitive. There is no reason to have 3 seperate Pro Mod categories. Again, car count is an issue and funding is an issue.

And whomever said Blown and Nitrous Pro Mods didn't race together in IHRA is just flat wrong. They never split them up, and the rules changed from race to race in IHRA in the late 90s and early 2000s, 20 pounds here, less over drive there. Ask Shannon Jenkins or Scotty Cannon about the old IHRA and get comfortable ... it will be a long conversation.

Last edited:
In the only classes that matter to MOST spectators, Funny Car and Top Fuel, there is rules parity (which is what we are talking about here, rules). There are no "one off" combinations only available to one team. The big, well funded teams obviously have an advantage, but their advantage is people and parts inventory, not the rule book. So I will disagree with you Darr that parity is keeping fans away. Now whether some folks are turned off by the same few teams winning most of the events is a different story for a different thread.

I also disagree that NHRA needs to create more classes, there are too many now as it is. It is fine that A/Fuel and TAD run together, it would be ludicrous for NHRA to create seperate classes for cars that run within a few hundredths of each other, and to the untrained eye, look pretty much the same. Besides, the car counts are not high enough to support A/Fuel and TAD as seperate classes. Who would fund them as seperate classes for event and championship purses?

Pro Mod is the same ... the turbo deal will eventually be reeled back in so that the blown cars and nitrous cars will be competitive. There is no reason to have 3 seperate Pro Mod categories. Again, car count is an issue and funding is an issue.

And whomever said Blown and Nitrous Pro Mods didn't race together in IHRA is just flat wrong. They never split them up, and the rules changed from race to race in IHRA in the late 90s and early 2000s, 20 pounds here, less over drive there. Ask Shannon Jenkins or Scotty Cannon about the old IHRA and get comfortable ... it will be a long conversation.

Yea I admit I was wrong the whole IHRA thing it's been a long long time since I ever looked up IHRA for pro mod results and now I do remember how unbalanced it was.

In response to the other post. The nitro teams are wide open and it's more talent and money. Not that it seems to make a huge difference, but I am not so sure you can buy DSR Heads and their chassis. Either way just by stating that they have even competition and guidelines but differ in the talent dept. kinda makes them a spec class artificially. So then why wont NHRA just either get tough on the parity or just force everyone to make everything availiable thus making it another almost spec class?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back