8 doorslammer classes !! (1 Viewer)

camaro

Nitro Member
By my count there are now 8 doorslammer categories in NHRA that run in the 5 – 7 second range and from what I’ve read, these days, all cost nearly about the same to campaign. While there are vast differences, mechanically, . . . to the casual fan the differences between them all, are Subtle, if noticeable at all. IMO this form or style of racing is diluted to the point where, as a result each of the different classes are, shall we say, not thriving in terms of participation, major sponsors, purse etc. Perhaps The new FX class purpose, is to eventually replace 3 or 4 of the current categories, but I’d be hesitant to invest money into a venture, where my livelihood depends, solely on this organization (Google Pro Stock Truck). The initial bloom of the Factory X Stock, and Pro Mod has worn off and the failure to resurrect Pro Stock car, would weigh heavy on my mind, regarding pouring money into a new class. There are hundreds and hundreds of 6 second ‘door cars’ across the country and it sure would be nice to find a happy medium where the cost is not outrageous and a ‘same rule for everyone package’ is employed.

NHRA has said several times over the years that they have no plans to remove classes, and have no room for more classes. Then, they add Pro Mod, Nitro Harley, Factory Stock, Factory X, etc...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back