Ouch, Bob Frey retiring (1 Viewer)

I wonder if Frey will pass the keys to the Aspen on to Reinhart? Isn't that the official NHRA announcer's company car?

now he says he's going to be at the October DRAW auctions. What about the Spring auctions that happen at E-Town?

Mr. Frey, I will miss your unmatched talent.
thank you and wishing you equaled happiness in your next chapter.

almost makes me want to buy a ticket to pomona to hear you one
last time.

Going to the dragstrip won't be the same without hearing Frey's voice, but I wish him all the best in his retirement.

I wish Bob Frey all the best in his retirement, I will miss him, and wish he would stay.

I have the unpopular opinion that he was a lot better than those that came before him.

Be careful what you wish for. Ernie Harwell and Harry Caray were great, but both stayed way to long and became terrible.

I vote for Alan Reinhart.

Remember Paul Page is out of work.

Wow, that's going to leave some big shoes to fill. Bob is the kind of guy who could remember something as obscure as "who won K/SA at the 1976 Cajun Nationals" without even thinking about it. An unbelievable depth of racing knowledge who always championed the sportsman racers. Enjoy your retirement Bob, we're thankful to have had you announcing as long as we did.

Mark me down for Reinhart.

Alan, Leo and announcer du-jour for 3rd person. Mike English, Jonny Moto, Dennis Winegar, Jim Krassewski, Walter Frey, Joe Castello from WFO, Whichever guy from Bangshift thats from the west (Brian or Chad) Steve Wann or Unk if they aren't racing.

Congrats to Bob on your retirement and thanks for all you have done for the sport and treating the pros and sportsmen racers with the same degree of respect.

Alan will make a fine replacement for Bob as the pro announcer (they both have great senses of humor in addition to great knowledge of the sport). But I doubt he'll do as much announcing of the sportsmen classes as in the past. I hope whoever is chosen to replace him doing the sportsmen classes will have the same amount of knowledge, enthusiasm, and humor as Alan. o I second the motion of to brink back Unk to join Leo.

Congrats to Bob on your retirement and thanks for all you have done for the sport and treating the pros and sportsmen racers with the same degree of respect.

Alan will make a fine replacement for Bob as the pro announcer (they both have great senses of humor in addition to great knowledge of the sport). But I doubt he'll do as much announcing of the sportsmen classes as in the past. I hope whoever is chosen to replace him doing the sportsmen classes will have the same amount of knowledge, enthusiasm, and humor as Alan. o I second the motion of to brink back Unk to join Leo.

I think it should be announcer du-jour with Unk at certain races, Dennis Winegar at some, Mike English at some, Walter Frey at E-Town. Maybe Jim Krassowski at MG, WFO Radio's Joe Castello does the pros at Gainesville.

Hope to hear Bob maybe guest announce at E-town & Maple Grove.

I vote for either Alan Reinhart, Bob Unkefer, or Lewis Bloom (although I'd LOVE to have the job!).

Hearing Bob Frey's voice over the PA system at the races was akin to hearing Mike 'Doc' Emrick's voice during NJ Devils broadcasts - they were [are] simply the best and they both decided to go out on top... though if the NHL ever gets ts act together, Doc still does a few games for NBC. I am now even happier that my wife and I will be attending Vegas II.

Anyway, I wish Bob all the best and the traditional (in Navy lingo, anyway) Fair Winds & Following Seas...

*Put me down for Reinhart.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back