One more case of NHRA ineptness... (1 Viewer)

StarLink Now $299

Sounds like he didn't get anything in writing, so that's not going to help, and it's pretty evident that Buell didn't want the bike run anyway, which has nothing to do with NHRA.

I think they said something to the effect of "a letter of consideration doesn’t necessarily constitute approval of a part or design."

It sounds like if you blame NHRA, then you have to blame Harley and Buell also.

I find it rather interesting that the "association" granted, in writing to Dupuy and Amato, permission for them to run a new intake design a few years back and then when they saw it on the car, recinded said permission. Only after threats of legal action was the situation resolved.......the "association" granted free hospitality area set up for the next 18 months to Amato which, if calculated, probably amounted to a pretty good chunk of change. Did it offset the cost of the R&D involved....we'll probably never know the answer to that one. The expression "same old, same old" comes to mind.

Late..........Mitch

I don't think you can blame nhra on this one. I guess there are 2 lessons here

One, need to get everything in writing and two, slap a harley sticker on before asking anyone for approval

of course you can blame someone for everything but does the blame truely rest with them? If it is true that manufactures have the big say in this then its one them for bring afraid of competition and sadly on Matt for not getting it in writing and on video and a blood sample

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back