More Hadman Floppers (1 Viewer)

Educate me here. I know Hadman chassis are supposed to be good, but why are they seemingly so hard to get? Is he semi-retired or something? Takes his time? does he have other people working for him?

If you think about the business, it's got to be a tough one. Very small market for fuel chassis, no? What are there, maybe 40 TF and FC teams? Each needs maybe two or three chassis, so your total market is something around 100 total. And they last for a couple years.

Then, there are two people really in the game, now, Brad Hadman and Murf McKinney. If you split the market, you're looking at making maybe 25 a year? One every two weeks? Tough to make a living at that. So you keep a small operation, lean and low dollar.

Then along comes a major rule change and everyone needs a new chassis or two. And they need them, like yesterday. Suddenly your little operation has to crank out 50 of them in a few weeks. But you can't just bang them out -- people's lives depend on them. So, you still have to take your time.

What a tough way to make a living. Gotta give them a lot of credit.

Mckinney does a little more than just make fuel chassis, as well as Hadman. So to assume their lives are completely dependant on their production fuel chassis is a little off the wall. It takes a while to get a chassis becsuse it is not something you can just throw together. There is a lot of time bending tubes and welding everything together. I know if i was driving a fuel car i would want to know that the supplier took their time and built the best piece they could

Educate me here. I know Hadman chassis are supposed to be good, but why are they seemingly so hard to get? Is he semi-retired or something? Takes his time? does he have other people working for him?

All ya gotta do is go to his shop and see all the work going on. He builds a lot of stuff and the line is long.

Mckinney does a little more than just make fuel chassis, as well as Hadman. So to assume their lives are completely dependant on their production fuel chassis is a little off the wall.

True enough, but I'm betting that even with all the sportsman chassis they both do, no one is getting rich off that business. Gotta be in it because you love it. :D

I'm really confused about this. We were in DSR's shop on May 22nd and there was a funny car chassis under construction. I was told it was for Beckman.
1. Has DSR decided this is not going to work and will wait for Hadman to build chassis? or . . . 2. Have some DSR personnel not been to the shop and are unaware that there is an in-house chassis program?
Bobby - ya might want to send someone to DSR to see the fab shop. Chassis table, fixtures to align block, bellhousing and rear end, and two CNC setups producing some very interesting parts out of lightweight materials.
I don't know if we saw stuff that was not supposed to be public knowledge,
but Gary's comments raise some interesting questions!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back