Old site....old info? (1 Viewer)

Kelly

Nitro Member
Is the old site archived somewhere? There was lots of good information mixed in with all the B.S.

yeah its there...not sure if there is a good way to bring it back.

I remember a while back finding everything ever posted on an archived site. Hopefully soon we can have something like that. Not a link from here, but something. There was a lot of good stuff there.:)

I don't have a clue how this site is set up, from an IT perspective, however I do know that the old DB likely still exists. In my experience, usually the old DB is ported into the new site prior to activation or it will overwrite the new DB which I'm pretty sure nobody wants to do.

That said, I wager a separate access point could be established to the old DB for the PMs (which are usually indexed separately), and possibly a few posts of value could be placed into an archive for reference.

These are painstaking "housekeeping" chores for system admins and can be very time consuming.

My best guess is that the appropriate people will consider doing something with the old accumulated data once the massive job of making the new site reliable and bullletproof is complete. Patience should be the order of the day for this as I would think that much of the stuff in the old DB isn't worth bringing into the new one. This is a fresh start as far as I am concerned and I am extremely impressed with the great effort made by the entire staff.

"Anything" can be restored. The question is how much work is it... and I do not have the knowledge to accurately answer that question.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back