OK Lets see about NHRA's new Rule (1 Viewer)

Should NHRA Change the Scoring System?

• NHRA Should Leave the Points Alone

Votes: 118 84.3%
  • NHRA SHould Go to the NASCAR Shoot Out System

Votes: 22 15.7%

• Total voters
Susan Wade quote NSSN

From Susan's lastest article in National Speed Sport News titled "Shock wave surges through NHRA point leaders" about the new points system among other things .

Not sure if everyone will be able to click into her article, but here's the link

http://www.nationalspeedsportnews.com/viewarticle.html?id=18809

"It seems NHRA wants to be like NASCAR (which might not be an appropriate role model for drag racing), what NHRA ought to do is compensate its drivers properly, spend some of its ample money on effective marketing campaigns for the sport itself and for its drivers and stop having adversarial relationships with the sport's public-relations reps. That'd be a better start toward increased popularity. This format seems like a red herring, as the purses aren't significantly different than they have been for the last decade."

Okay, starting at race 21, saturday a-1v8, b-2v7, c-3v6,d-4v5 and have a 16 car show on sunday

race 22 saturday winner a vs winner d and winner b vs winner c
and 16 sunday

finals winner ad vs winner bc after final eleminations on sunday... on live TV

that fills everyones needs

I got it Karl! If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull s--t. :D

Sorry Ian, I almost forgot. I voted with the majority. The new plan sucks.

Last edited:
I agree, I would think with the uproar the wizards will rethink this thing and at least try "backing it down" before startup (you no what can happen).

You hit the nail on the head. "rethink". That implies they gave some thought to this. It would take a big man to say "I screwed up and we're not going to make the change".

That will never happen. :mad:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back